Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-31-2000, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Doc and Adam yawl need to check out the Wright stander the rear wheels don''t prtrude out past the width of the deck and I know Doc you wonder about getting tired standing on a machine instead of sitting down but it is not as tiring as it looks it seems your leg act as shocks and you don't take the beating that you take on the riders it cuts beautifuly and is very manuverable and takes up little space on trailer or storage (48&quot; wideand only 52&quot; long also has larger decks if you prefer a little strange to operate at first but after a couple of hrs you start to get use to it would'nt trade it. good luck<p>----------<br>Dale moonarrow@hotmail.com<br>Southern lawn and Landscape
Old 01-31-2000, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Moonarrow<p>If you read through my last reply to Doc you will find that I recommend the Wright Stander.I'm sorry my reply was so long but I want to give enough imformation so he can decide if walkers would be useful for him.I don't think that walkers are the one and only choice.It just depends on what type of lawns you cut.I don't own a Wright Stander or Great Dane becouse I do mostly high end residential lawns.When I do enter the commercial-industrial market both mowers will be consedered.<p>I thought I would just clear that up that I don't think that walker mowers are the only choice.<p>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
Old 01-31-2000, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Adam, Sorry if it sounded like I was trying to imply something, just giving an oppion and suggestion buy the way I do strictly high end resdidential and comm. works great on both of the like the old saying goes &quot;try it you'll like it&quot; haha. ps. appriciate your imput into the forums. THANKS<p>----------<br>Dale moonarrow@hotmail.com<br>Southern lawn and Landscape
Old 02-01-2000, 02:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Dale, Southern Lawn And Lanscape<br>Adam, AB Lawn Care<p>I wish to thank the two of you for your time and encouragement. Adam you have given me much to consider concerning the Walker. I would assume that if one were starting up that he or she would do residential work first. I have never seen anyone using a stand-up machine and it would appear that at this stage it is not the way to go. When I go to the next dealer I will take a look at one if he has a Wright Sander available. I don't know if you have been following this but I just wanted to let you that we are the clients, someone else will be doing the cutting. We would like to have our lawns cut alternating every other cut between bagging and mulching. The larger side discharge deck is a mulching deck also. Does it work well as a mulcher or should the smaller dedicated mulching deck be used. If we decide to buy the Walker we will get the 24.9HP Kubota engine.<p>Doc
Old 02-01-2000, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Doc <p>If you want to switch between multching decks and side discharge than the walker and laser z would both be considerations of mine.I am not shure if you can use a single deck with the walker that will switch between the two types of grass handeling.I have heard that the lazer z does a good job of multching.Hey lazer you should know if the lazer z has a deck that can switch between the two types.I hope lazer can answer that question for you.Agian just let me know if you have any other questions.<p>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care<br>
Old 02-01-2000, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Adam, AB Lawn Care<p>Thank you again. I guess that I did not make myself clear, sorry about that. We would like to have our lawns cut alternating every other cut between bagging and mulching. I was asking if the Walker combination deck was a good one. It is a larger deck 52 inches and their dedicated deck is only 42 inches. Exmark has on their Laser a 52 inches trivantage deck. <p>Doc<br>
Old 02-02-2000, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Doc<p>At first I thought that you were going to be multching and side dischargeing.And I think that the exmark would be best for that.But now that told me that you are going to be bagging and multching I think that walker would be your best choice between the two.The lazer z can bag with an attachment,but I think that the walker would be easier to use switching back and forth.I will find the company that makes the bagging system for the lazer for you.If I remember it has a hose that goes from the deck to a blower(it sucks the grass through the hose)and into a garbage pale the is mounted on the back.I personaly think that may be a pain having to start second engine(that powers the blower)becouse that means more pain takeing the hose off and the cost of that system and the extra fuel bills.You will have to decide for yourself what is better.Tomorow I will find the company that makes that attachment for you.<p>As always just let me know if you have any questions.<p>from:Adam <br>AB Lawn Care
Old 11-11-2000, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

ERIC

You are telling me th stuff i need to know.
I know your busy with forum and all . but
was wondering what you soze and version of
chopper you would recomend for small (35)
service.Ido intend to make every effort
to aquire new accts as the idea is to increase
work output.When you get time.thanks
Old 11-11-2000, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

SORRY

I GUESS SOZE MEANS DECK WIDTH.Sometime im not even
sure what i wrote myself. thanks
Old 11-11-2000, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We have 2 Walkers and 2 Toro's, I feel the Walkers are a machine that fits our company the best, its bagging system is almost unbeatable plus it has the out front mower design so your trimming time is also cut down and I know other manufactures have there own bagging systems but some hang way of mower and is a add on. On the Walkers the mower is built around the bagging system which gives you a compact design unlike out ZTR mower. It all depends on your needs, for cleanups and for bagging capabilities we recomend Walker and if speed and discharging is your thing Exmark, Toro, Scag and Dixie all have fast quility machines. You will here alot of different opinions but check with local contracters to see what they use and get there opinions!