Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-01-2000, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have any expierience with design software that allows digital pics to be downloaded and then enhanced with new plants,stone, or other deisgn features????
Old 08-01-2000, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I have been using DIG software, called Design Imaging for a year and a half. The clients love 'the pretty pictures'. You might want to check out the search feature to look at the previous discussions on this topic. If you have more questions, please ask.<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>
Old 08-02-2000, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ive been using a version by Autodesk for 2 years. Like Lanelle said the cutomers love it. I have to update mine. I'll put in pictures of plants that I use often that are not on the CD. Just a few out of thousands of pictures. Well worth it
Old 08-03-2000, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I use one made by sierra called 3d land designer. Its very cheap... only 40 dollars and ive had exellent luck with it. I have won many landscape jobs witht his program because the csotmer can see exactly what the landscape will look like... not just a black and white plan like most guys do.
Old 10-10-2000, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

i agree with evan, sierra gives great picts. and you can load your own photos into it(house plants, etc.)it has helped me sell more than a few jobs myself
Old 10-11-2000, 04:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hello,

I agree with the above also and say that the sierra program ain't too bad considering its only $40. i got my copy at costco with a rebate and paid like 10 only.

I have some problems with it though, as when you start getting into very complex pictures with lots of plants it begins to slow down, lock up occasionally. As with most programs, save, save, save, so that you don't lose anything major. I think most of my problems are with my computer (only a 333). It was like top of the line when I bought it and now.........a piece of junk.

I've been looking at others, and think the DIG is the way to go, as it has many more features. However, if you are interested in trying the programs out, the sierra will get you started and is a Cheap way to go till you get to the point where you need more.

I've been using a combination of Intellicad(a cad program), autocad light 2000, and sierra photo designer (the site plant option sucks I think on the sierra) for designing, along with hand rendering.

steveair