Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-08-2009, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimQ View Post
Ha! Thanks Envy. Nice of you to stop by and say Hi.

I think we've got all of our ducks in a row. I'm excited about this one.

I forgot to mention another cool feature. The entire operator platform including seat, levers, and foot plate is isolated from the rest of the machine. It floats on rubber isolators to take out vibration and smooth out the ride.

Q
this has to be one very good concept there. sounds extrememly effective. good one, i will like to check one out in a few years after we are in the need for new 60in mowers.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the price of this machine.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
The cut quality theory goes like this... it's about putting the left caster on the "back-swing" side of the blade. The caster tire rolls over the grass and lays it down if a forward direction. With the left caster offset towards the center of the machine, itís on the back swing side of the blade. The blade swings back against the grass that has been rolled forward by the caster tire. I donít think this theory holds much water.
Cool. I was more interested in why there seems to be such disparity between the manufacturers over the placement of the castors. I know Dixie's excuse for moving the right castor out so far. They just never told why the left one isn't the same way. The reason I ask is I want to pull the right hand castor back into the frame of my Dixie and put a deck castor on the right hand side of the deck like I have on the left. Thanks.

Oh yeah. Sorry I stole your thread. You can have it back now.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

offset, left: probably trim "wing" & on right-hand-turn curve - the father caster to the middle, the less you have to go over mulchbad (close cut)
offset, right - vacuum syst. consideration?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah Richard, the caster offset stuff is crap... as is the offset decks.

Old theory that just don't hold water.
It really SUCKED on the 52" Lazer HP.

I like what you are doing there with the castering wheels on the deck.
It's been working fantastic for YEARS on front mounts, and on both types of mowers for tractors (belly / 3-point).

And it just makes sense for those to caster since the front tires do.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 10-08-2009, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS MELROSE View Post
Has anyone mentioned that the PZ is suppose to have some 2-speed hydro capable of 18-mph transport speed?
Quote:
Shhhhh. That's top secret.

Yeah, shortly after the pump and wheel motor version is launched, we're launching a machine with Hydro-Gear 5400's. The 5400 is an integrated system with variable displacement wheel motors. 18MPH transport will put a smile on your face.

Q
: )))
codename Lambo - officially taken by Hustler (yellow)
Ferrari (red) -could been have taken by Ferris (with IS suspension - it had to be not that slow - but... only12mph - they blew it
so, secret codename Ferrari ofthelawnmowers would be officially given to new Husqvarna ...

p.s. variable displacement wheel motors - so we'll have torque conversion, not just speed conversion?(if i'm not mistaken, long time overdo)
Old 10-08-2009, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
We've put a lot of time and effort in to this deck. Our in-house Doctor, Dr. Bin Zhu, PHD has done a great job on the conceptual side by creating CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) models and tweaking the design to maximize performance and minimize things like blowout and low flow areas where grass tends to collect. Then we went took all that theoretical stuff and went to the field. We made more changes to improve performance in different grass types and unique geographical related conditions. You just can’t learn that kind of stuff from a computer model.
Q
JQ, but why not tunnell deck design? how it affects suction? what computer sayed? (sorry if i missed it)

Last edited by demhustler; 10-08-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had a chance to run this machine today. I can't comment on cut quality but I was happy to see all my complaints about the old Husky were addressed. I didn't get to see the ocdc but was told one will be available. If I had to complain about anything it would be that the two fuel tanks drain together. I know my guys will be running out of fuel and walking back to the truck.
Its almost like Husky asked the users what they would change and then made the changes.

Scott
Old 10-10-2009, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Jockey View Post
I had a chance to run this machine today. I can't comment on cut quality but I was happy to see all my complaints about the old Husky were addressed. I didn't get to see the ocdc but was told one will be available. If I had to complain about anything it would be that the two fuel tanks drain together. I know my guys will be running out of fuel and walking back to the truck.
Its almost like Husky asked the users what they would change and then made the changes.

Scott
Yeah... it looks much better.

There are still a few old things that could use changing though...
And a couple new items that might be better done another way...

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 10-10-2009, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What would you change?