Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-23-2009, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Employing Who you want

I will say again, I employ Legal Workers and I hope I can continue to hire Legal workers in my company! Anyone else Hire Legal workers?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

And what documentation have you seen from them to be sure they are leagl? You do know the law on this correct? Or are you just " punt66 fishing"?
Old 12-23-2009, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Member

we file the work visa and hold documentation on all that we employ. We were checked 4 years ago after being reported as "Possible illegals" which was fine. In and out by the feds. If all is good they usually wont return unless there is an issue. Most all of our mexican workers go home for months in the off season and return in early spring to work here. The have to exit the country for two weeks before they can return to work the following season. We have no issues with illegals but there are alot around working day to day at other places.
Our guy makes sure all the i's are dotted and T's crossed. A few big operations here do it exactly the same way.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Member

No, I dont care about Punt 66 he has his own agenda. In this area Legal mexican laborers are kind of numerous. They have their stuff in order for the most part but there are illegals too. I dont hire or "use" them for the day and pay cash...I dont do that but that is how the situation is with the illegal workers. I mean, the police know what is going on at that location. Really when you see 30 Mexican fellas sitting on the lot at 6am what do you think is going on when the pickup truck pulls up and a couple jump in the back and off they go??? Nobody chooses to stop it, so its an ongoing thing.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by helidriver View Post
I will say again, I employ Legal Workers and I hope I can continue to hire Legal workers in my company! Anyone else Hire Legal workers?
Always--in fact, I openly advertise in my area that I hire local Legal Americans. You would be surprised at the business that is generated when a customer knows that the money they pay me stays in this area and is not "phoned home" to Mexico.
1988 Chevrolet Standard Cab Dually 4x4
1987 Chevrolet 3/4 Ton 4x4
1988 GMC Dually 4x4 Dump Truck
20' Haulmark Enclosed and Lettered
22' Open Equipment Trailer (14K capacity)
5' x 8' Open Trailer with ramp
JD Gator XUV 4x4
JD 777 72" ZTR
JD 757 60" ZTR
JD GS45 48" WB (times 2)
Stihl Trimmers/Blowers/Hedge Clippers
Old 01-18-2010, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Thats nice....but no americans really like to do this kind of work around here. If you get an american here it is very likely they will not stay. just the way it is here. We have americans here yes...but alot of mexican labor too. People here just want there stuff cared for. its no issue around here.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The amount of legal workers threads/posts as of late is starting to turn into a dead horse...... seem's it is allways the same people also.........
Old 01-18-2010, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah, it is.....but if someone replys to me I will reply. Its simple, employ who you want as long as it is legal. Thats it really. Thats all I defend.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by helidriver View Post
Yeah, it is.....but if someone replys to me I will reply. Its simple, employ who you want as long as it is legal. Thats it really. Thats all I defend.
I am pretty sure everyone know's your view's on legal worker's but you and maybe a few other's seem to be positng them quite often?

Why not save yourself a lot of time and reach a greater audiance and just put something in your signature haha?????????

Creating thread's just add's fuel to the fire with you and punt and other's..... put something in your sig and call it a day or ask the Admin to create a "your view's on legal and illegal worker's area".......
Old 01-19-2010, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Actually....its a done issue. Punt is a radical who see's only his own agenda, unwilling to accept any foreign legal workers. Its a point that anyone can have and hold an opinion on. Mine is obvious, so is punt's. The only real difference is I have multiple workers here and some are Legal immigrants. Punt has no tolerance for it and so he calls me an illegal employer, or I dont know enough to employ legal visa holding mexicans or I am killing the u.s.a. with what I choose to employ. A radical.
The topic is really over, and my views are known. I really cant say anything more on the topic that hasnt already been said. Personally, employ who you deem appropriate and who helps your company meet its obligations. Keep it legal and you have nothing to fear on the legal side of things. Enough said.