Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-18-2009, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm still waiting for my stimulus check... I think it got lost in the mail.
I don't get a tax credit since I am on my 4th primary residence and I'm 24 years old? I guess I'm doing something wrong. Let's just stimulate the people who have proved themselves to make bad decisions their whole life and get them into a house they couldn't afford in the first place... Rinse wash repeat, the market will crash again in a few years when these new buyers default on their loans.
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 09-19-2009, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

we sell to the state and grateful as I am for their business the really cool thing they do is charge you 3% to pay you electronically... you must of course be payed electronically or not be paid at all. I wish I could do that.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Just to ach you the money? You would think they would charge money to issue checks but ach would be free... There's gov't for you.
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 09-20-2009, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm not at all worried about payment, I have some other hud housing contracts all over detroit and they are my favorite, payment always within 35 days of invoicing.

Now one of these complexes is 18 buildings, all of the 1 1/2 backflows were stolen a couple years back when copper was just under four bucks a pound, we change about 20 % of the rotors there every year due to vandalism but again payment is always made on time. But this is a place that definately requires a two man service crew, one guy to do the work and one guy to watch the truck.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

From around 2001-2004 the city here contracted with us to work on some of their low income housing projects. Replacing heads, repairing pipes, locating valves and wires, repairing leaks at valves, etc. The systems were old and in need of upkeep. Paid just fine too. No electronic payment.

I have lost out on doing few repairs with a post office, and another gov't building due to not accepting electronic or CC payment at that time.