Register free!

Old 09-19-2009, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchgo View Post
Hey 1ide,

Can you please fix your punctuations?

I know we all don't follow proper punc's all the time but it's hard to read your typing.

Your going to be hassled hardcore when winter time comes along and there isn't much going on other then winterizing
mitch,
thank you for your imput. i may take a class this winter at the college in redding. that way i may be too busy to be offended by the hardcore hasseling i'm in for this winter.
i wish my grammar, spelling and punctuation were better but alas, i went to work while others went to school.
hey mitch, if that's all that you guys complain about i feel that i'm one lucky son-o-
serious about the school,dude
Old 09-19-2009, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
(didn't know how to through mike leary in properly)
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2009, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

(there is a button to click when you want to include a numbered list in a post)
Old 09-19-2009, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok, you need to learn to read, I don't care about the lack of skills in the grammar department, I understand. The last grade I completed in school was tenth grade. I had to go get a job because my mother was quite ill.

First, You live in a small city too, good for you, I was simply saying I didn't know any better and neither did the people I talked to locally.

Second, I know the 500 dollars is the absolute limit for parts and labor all included. I never stated otherwise.

Third, this is Saturday, get your gut checked. I could not call the CLSB even if I wanted to, yes maybe I could have crammed it in yesterday. Also, I read the website and it agreed with what people have said on here. "It is illegal for an unlicensed person to perform contracting work on any project valued at $500 or more in labor and materials. Besides being illegal, unlicensed contractors lack accountability and have a high rate of involvement in construction scams. They also are unfair competition for licensed contractors who operate with bonds, insurance and other responsible business practices." I don't think I need to say specifically I checked a resource when I already say "I believe that with available information made available". I already conceded that you were right as far as legalities go. Why try to prove a proven point except to demean someone?

Fourth, whether I have or have not estimated the job correctly is none of your concern. That was not my question. Point still stands the job is going to cost over 500, if I was giving a rock solid estimate, my estimate would be higher. I was just giving an approximate cost, an educated guess. I and the customer both had knowledge that it could be higher. I gave her an estimation of about 2k, and asked if that was about how much minimum she was prepared to spend before I started checking on everything. I told her I would have to check her water pressure first. But you wouldn't know that. You assume.

Fifth. I never used my relationship with the customer as "a reason to dodge the board", I didn't even know there was a board to worry about. I was speaking as of not having to schedule extra visits to maintain the system because I see them all the time, especially since I mow it weekly.

Sixth, an excuse would mean I'm trying to cover up a mistake. The simple fact I was asking for help on a question in itself shows I'm not making excuses. Giving a reason for not having knowledge is not an excuse. I simply state that I did not know, now i do. If you are going to burn someone for not knowing something, then you are kind of making this forum pointless, a forum is designed so someone can ask a question and gain knowledge. Not be criticized for asking. Who then will ask a question if they will be chastised? I was referring to pounced as in the way I was just jumped on for not knowing any better. Its called attitude. If you are going to speak that way to people and that's your idea of helping, don't. To extend a hand, and then slap them with the other, and then poke fun at them for asking for a hand in the first place is cruel.

As I said, thanks for the help everyone that was sincere and kind. I don't mind an answer with a joke, I don't mind a little chastising, I do not mind goofy tards (lol), however, I do not appreciate being thought the worst of or being unjustly accused. I just turned 24, I'm newly married, and have only owned this business for 1 year come tomorrow. I asked a question and I learned my lesson to ask help for help. Sorry I made excuses for not knowing something. Sorry I don't state every single fact about my business or internal thoughts. Sorry that I don't think people will jump to conclusions and be judgmental. Sorry for coming into this forum. Sorry for your lack of compassion and understanding. Sorry for your lack of maturity. Sorry I asked. I need a drink. Good bye crueeell wooorrrld! Lol.
Two Honda HRC216 walk-behinds
2-Stihl KM130R' Kombi's w/ string trimmer,hedger pole-saw,+edger
Stihl MS210 chainsaw
HS81T + HS81R hedgetrimmers
BG 86 blower
Earthway fertilizer spreader + Sprayer
and a bunch of other equipment...
Pesticide Q.A.L.#121767
30 Weekly Accounts, Solo Operation

Last edited by MowinginEureka; 09-19-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowinginEureka View Post
Sorry for coming into this forum. Sorry for your lack of compassion and understanding.
You don't get it pal, we've all had to invent our gig without the internet. What do you think?, we can teach the trade online? As far as compassion and understanding goes, I would drop everything to help any of the real forum members if they got into trouble; & I mean that.

Last edited by Mike Leary; 09-19-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok. You people really don't seem to get it either. No one asked anyone to teach me the trade. It was a question. Get over it. I already made my point. Apparently I'm not a "real forum member", really loving the welcome wagon. I'm out.
Two Honda HRC216 walk-behinds
2-Stihl KM130R' Kombi's w/ string trimmer,hedger pole-saw,+edger
Stihl MS210 chainsaw
HS81T + HS81R hedgetrimmers
BG 86 blower
Earthway fertilizer spreader + Sprayer
and a bunch of other equipment...
Pesticide Q.A.L.#121767
30 Weekly Accounts, Solo Operation
Old 09-19-2009, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Watta pal, watta pal.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowinginEureka View Post
Get over it.
How much for the blower?
Old 09-19-2009, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i feel like this is a kiril & boots presentation.

listen to yourself, your doing it again, tenth grade, i'm 24, newly married, been in business a year tomorrow.
12th grade, i'm older, been divorced 23yrs.(happily) been in business 32yrs. hell son i've got a glass eye older than you.
enough said.
start over, state the facts and ask for help.
if your former boss is licensed have him do the job and help him with the understanding that you are to be taught something besides dirtwork.
it's not straight up but it's better than nothing.
quit making statements about matters you haven't researched.
i am sincere and kind and thoughtful to boot.
all that goes out the window when you play the innocent card and as the judge says ignorance is no excuse.
every day for the rest of your life you will be paying for your education it's just some days cost more than money.
have at me mitch
Old 09-19-2009, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
You don't get it pal, we've all had to invent our gig without the internet. What do you think?, we can teach the trade online? As far as compassion and understanding goes, I would drop everything to help any of the real forum members if they got into trouble; & I mean that.
for some reason i really belive that you would