Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-20-2009, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingstons1 View Post
FIMCO-MEISTER - Software does make it easier but I would not be where I am on my first design attempt if it was not for this site and guys like you.

John, good suggestion for not spraying at the shed. I am going to turn these around and spray away from shed. Thanks. The strip is 68" at its minimum so I guess I won't be forced to do the drip. However, I do like the idea of drip but just not sure how to install it yet. These strips got heavy chinch bug damage this year (along with drought damage) and I am thinking of re-sodding. Do I just lay it down after I have removed the old grass, prepared the soil (along with testing soil and tilling, etc), and then lay the sod on top of the Netafim when I install the new sod?
Netafim goes deeper.

Excavate, amend soil, netafim at 6ish inches, soil, sod. Spaced according to product used, appropriate to turf type.

We have it in a bunch of bluegrass here, it is great, and highly efficient.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoskm01 View Post
Netafim goes deeper.
Excavate, amend soil, netafim at 6ish inches, soil, sod. Spaced according to product used, appropriate to turf type.
Generally I agree with this, except burial depth and spacing will be dependent on soil conditions. You don't necessarily have to excavate, but if you are going to amend the soil might as well.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Generally I agree with this, except burial depth and spacing will be dependent on soil conditions. You don't necessarily have to excavate, but if you are going to amend the soil might as well.
For heavy clay soil, how deep would you recommend laying the Netafim. Any suggestions on which Netafim model to use and spacing?
Old 09-20-2009, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't Pro Contractor Studio 1 put a scale on a finished drawing? You kind of need that for it to make complete sense..
Old 09-20-2009, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm no expert, but here's what I see:

- Put a scale or some dimensions, as well as a north arrow on the drawing.

- I'd use all 1" pipe. There difference in cost is minimal from 3/4", gives you more flexibility, and makes all the fittings easier to manage if they're all the same size.

- Give more consideration to using sprays to get more and smaller zones so you can better accommodate hydrozones. For example, I can't believe that all of zone 3 will need the same amount of water each day.

- Put another head in the crotch on zone 2, and move the 360 head to plan south so you get head-to-head.

- Zone 3 needs another head at the midpoint along the driveway for head-to-head.

- Zone 1 doesn't seem to have any head-to-head coverage, I would start over.

Last edited by hamham; 09-20-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingstons1 View Post
For heavy clay soil, how deep would you recommend laying the Netafim. Any suggestions on which Netafim model to use and spacing?
I don't like making recommendations like this site unseen.

That said, if you do indeed have a heavy clay, then you can probably go to 6" depth safely, which BTW is the maximum recommended burial depth for TechlineCV.

Tubing -> TLCV26-18 with an 18" or 20" lateral spacing. You might be able to go to 22 - 24" on the lateral spacing, however I can't say with certainty without actually knowing the condition of the soil. Make sure when running your laterals that the emitters are staggered by 1/2 the emitter spacing.