Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-28-2009, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC1 View Post
It seemed like there were a few different opinions. Do you think there is a 2 cycle oil that is better than others? I see oil when I'm shopping at walmart or advanced auto. It says its rated for all 2 cycle mixes. I was thinking that these oils were probably just cheap products but it sounded to me like they might be fine with better gas...

I can't think of the oil I am currently using off the top of my head.
Get oil of JASO FB, FC or FD. I would prefer full synthetic but that's just me.

Have you fix your problem yet?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i took them to my mechanic and they cleaned out the carbs and mufflers. One is working fine and the other went back in already. I think all five units have broken pull cords of some kind. A few of them the string broke and a few the cord would wind back up. This problem has to be the guys yanking them way to hard.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:14 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC1 View Post
i took them to my mechanic and they cleaned out the carbs and mufflers. One is working fine and the other went back in already. I think all five units have broken pull cords of some kind. A few of them the string broke and a few the cord would wind back up. This problem has to be the guys yanking them way to hard.
Pull start unit is easy, only have to take out 4 screws at the back to remove it. Buy yourself a few of the pull start unit and change it yourself next time.

You try switching gas yet? Multiply unit have the same symptom got to have a common denominator. I really don't believe is oil, chances are high it's your gas. I use Shell 91, but we are in different state. Chevron here smell very sweet alcohol like to me.