Register free!

Old 10-14-2009, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshimmin View Post
Same set up here..
Someone else assembles the Cree components into their design.

I putting the new units in Friday and will have a better feel for what happened. There was no moisture inside the fixture and the test units run for days with no evident external heat. Heat on the LED driver is something I can not reliably measure though.
I recall James ..somewhere.. saying he thought that heat at the chip did potentially more damage than at the driver....
Old 10-17-2009, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Nightscaping LED

Hi Guys, Sorry I've been "out of pocket" for a bit, then had signon issues with this site. Having been a longtime Nightscaping fan, glad to see there new retrofit LEDS. Their 35 degree has almost identical photometrics of a 2036 bab. This morning I went out on a maintenance call whereby just 9 months ago relamped 10 custom made stainless steel fixtures with Focus insides all working on 11.5 volts. Replaced them with Ushio 2036's with their 5000 hour lamp. 9 months ago, I said to the client "if any of these burn out within the year, I'll personally come out and replace them" well today I replaced two of them and my Ushio distributor will be getting these back for replacement. I offered this woman the Nightscaping LED Mr-16 and said she could now have a 2 year warranty. And reduce her energy by 85%. I plugged one in and it looked great, Sale made. Focus has an MR-16 LED, which I have also seen, very close to the Nightscaping, but at a whopping $150.00 street price. At that price, no wonder they can offer a 4 year warranty, going to be a tough sell even at a discount. Nightscaping has always been known for their quality and I'm glad to see them back in the game.

Steve
www.lettherebelightllc.com
Old 10-19-2009, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The nightscaping lamp is James Solecki's lamp I believe.........
Old 10-19-2009, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

No, sorry, absolutely 100% NOT correct. Nightscaping is not purchasing the INTEGRA LED lamps from Led Lights Direct Inc.

They have source some other stuff from an unknown vendor and putting their name behind it. Details are sketchy as they dont seem to interested in providing any technical specifications on the products. From my experience in LED lamp I will say that I cannot see how either of the new NS LED lamps will come anywhere near to the performance of a 20W Halogen.

They are also being strange about pricing and will not issue a list price for the product. Instead they are privately providing their distributors with pricing and having them quote contractors directly. Why? I have no idea. I do know that the LED product that NS is offering is more expensive than the product that I build and sell.

Regards

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 10-19-2009, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

sorry james, my bad....they looked similar to the way your spec sheets look......
Old 10-21-2009, 08:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshimmin View Post
I have four of the 1 watt Cree chip sets in deck lights that died after 1 week. Now comes the fun of re-installing them in the wall they are on. Basically was told there are going to be some good batches and others...

The fixtures were installed in a series (Daisy Chain) on a common run. The fourth fixture in the series had a failure in the rectifier circuitry. It smoked the entire inside of the fixture including the lens.

The three rectifiers in series between the failed unit and the transformer went out as well. I'm trying to get a schematic of the rectifier circuit so I can figure out how this could have happened.

Two fixtures past the failed unit at the end of the run were not effected.