Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-06-2009, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Put in 10 hours behind my LS Aerator today. Couldn't even tell you how many lawns - it was one of those days when the neighbors were out and one house led to another. My partner spent time selling the jobs and collecting money while I operated the machine. It felt great not to be dead at the end of the day (proven by the fact that i'm sitting here typing this instead of soaking in a tub and hating aerators). The only issue I have so far is the small gas tank - had to refill constantly.

David - nice machine! I didn't think it would be so busy with the economic situation and all, but if this keeps up we may still need that 2nd unit.

Bruno ~ Julie
Old 10-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Sponsor

Sounds good....working on a larger fuel tank to replace the standard one. May have samples by the end of the month and production tanks for spring.

David
Old 10-06-2009, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Lawn Solutions WB Aerator

I've aerated 85 lawns so far this Fall with another 15 scheduled. This is the best machine I've used. I no longer wear a brace on my left knee. The hydro-drive/reverse is great. It has helped in so many situations. I hope I never have to use any other aerator. I'm also looking forward to demoing the ride on unit. Getting serious about upgrading for the Spring.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Got in a few more jobs today - love this thing in the tight areas around mailboxes and AC units.

Just curious for those following this thread (sorry to hijack) What's the largest area you've aerated with the LS walk behind unit and what's the typical size of the properties you're working on? A couple of the biggest ones I've done so far were about an acre - that's a lot of walking. Most everything else has been quarter acre subdivision lots for me.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Member

So far I have done anywhere between 2,000 to 15,000 sq ft lawns with a average lawn size of 9,000 sq ft with the LS walk behind unit.

Good to hear about the larger gas tank, that would be my only suggestion to this point as well. David, I assume this is something we will be able to add to our existing units?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Sponsor

A larger fuel tank that we can add to current units is the plan.

David
Old 10-07-2009, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Most of the lots (including house) are 9-15,000 sq. ft. I have done a 1.5 acre property this fall.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We started aerating in full swing recently -- prob is it's been raining alot, and the soil is tender. We noticed that our LS walk-behinds do not tear up tender turf compared to conventional aerators. Customers appreciate this, and my guys fight over who can run the LS units. Thank you Lawn Solutions. You have a fine machine that can be used on "questionable" (wet) days without tearing up yards.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You build a fine machine david, i know you place great value in feedback from actual owners using your equipment in the field. My #1 wish for the wb unit would be a rear wheel/tine lock so there would be no factor for aerating asphalt,concrete,bluestone,etc.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Shout out.

Just a thankx to lawn solutions corp. Josh at the main office has been great for tech support!