Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Does LS offer a sulky for the walk-behind aerator? That would be cool, cuz I figure the horsepower is not an issure. If so, how much for a sulky? Are they available yet?

Thanks, proud users of LS walk-behinds.

We will be showing a custom sulky that goes with our aerators next week.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnSolutionsCP View Post

....... Most of our customers we purchased seeder all have our aerators because they know the kind of service and support available....

David

David,
I'm really interested in replacing our Bluebird. Maybe I overlooked a post, but I'm not clear on some of the technology features of the LawnSolutions WB Aerator. For example, are only the wheels driven, or the wheels and the drum, is the drum split to allow for the easy turning, how do we "up and down" the tines, etc.

Thanks!!
Old 10-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Sponsor

Tines are driven, wheels are driven, tine setup is on a drum and different lets just say its different how it works.

You can raise and lower the tines on the fly while aerating without having to stop as well...this is shown in our online video.

David
Old 10-24-2009, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnSolutionsCP View Post
Tines are driven, wheels are driven, tine setup is on a drum and different lets just say its different how it works.

You can raise and lower the tines on the fly while aerating without having to stop as well...this is shown in our online video.

David
Are the tines lowered and raised manually or is there a hydraulic cylinder? How does the effort of lowering / raising the tines / doing a turn compare to the effort it takes on a Bluebird for example?
Old 10-24-2009, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The WB aerator uses a manuel lift. However, you do not have to lift the tines up in order to make turns. That's the beauty of this machine. Except when crossing hard surfaces, the tines stay down for the whole job. You can even aerate backwards.

The machine does a great job. I bought one this fall and it works well.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

lawn solutions has been a super company to deal with. I have the prototype walk behind unit, i dont think it even has a serial #. David was kind enough to ship me updated rear wheels and handlebar brackets because these improvements we implemented after my unit was built, now thats good business. He runs that company as if it were lawn king!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I brought this thread back up because I was impressed with everyones comments on an obviously quality machine. I am in Arkansas and there are no dealers in my area. I did a search on the LS website and there are no dealers in my state or LA. One in Tupelo, MS and 1 in Amarillo and a handfull in MO. I'd like one of you that own one to tell me what the price was for the WB(ballpark is fine) I'll sort out shipping later. I will be pushing aeration as an upsell this Spring and all indications are that this is the piece of equipment to have.
You can PM me if you like.
Thanks
Old 01-07-2010, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You should expect to spend around $3500. for the unit.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn king View Post
You should expect to spend around $3500. for the unit.
Thanks Lawn King. Much appreciated.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn king View Post
lawn solutions has been a super company to deal with. I have the prototype walk behind unit, i dont think it even has a serial #. David was kind enough to ship me updated rear wheels and handlebar brackets because these improvements we implemented after my unit was built, now thats good business. He runs that company as if it were lawn king!
I can't speak for the aerator, but I was talking to some dealers about their seeder. As far as customer service goes, I think one seeder had some sort of cable issue, and LS sent replacement cables out for all in stock machines and the customers who already purchased machines. I don't know if that's true or not, but it seems like these guys are the real deal service wise.