Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-20-2000, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Im curious to seewhat others charge for buyng, installing and removing annuals at the end of the year. Do you charge for the flat? I roughly charge $35-45 per flat. How do I compare?
Old 06-21-2000, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I USUALLY GET ABOUT 25 PER FLAT INSTALLED...5 FLAT MINIMUM...THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE REMAOVAL...I REMOVE WHEN THEY WANT MUMS IN THE FALL OR WHEN LEAF CLEAN-UPS START IF THEY DON'T WANT ANY FALL COLOR PLANTING. SEEMS TO WORK OUT BETTER FOR ME..CLEANUPS ARE HOURLY BILLING AND IT HELPS TO KEEP THE PRICE OF INSTALLATION DOWN.
Old 06-21-2000, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The price you pay affects the price you have to charge to make a profit. Figure out if you need 2x, 2.5x or 3x the cost to cover labor, overhead and profit. Also, a flat of market packs or 4&quot; or 6&quot; each involve a different amount of labor, have different costs and produce different finished looks.<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>
Old 06-25-2000, 03:37 PM

I try to go 2.5-3x what I payed. Remember....it took you time to go purchase the flats as well. This is time that I often overlook with different jobs. How about you guys ?
Old 06-25-2000, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hello,<p>read the previous posts and was wondering if you also work in watering into the bill. For a lot of commercial accounts, annuals need to be watered, especially when setting up potted displays. was wondering if any of you include watering also.<p>Also, how do you space them out. this can always drastically change the quantity needed. <p>Finally, the design can change pricing too. If they just want a simple monotone arrangement, it is much simpler than more complex arrangements. <p>steveair<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: steveair
Old 06-26-2000, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Does your price per flat include any fertilizer or mulch with the install or would<br>that be at additional cost?
Old 06-27-2000, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the replies. I have been giving ests. in the $30 per flat range. For the earlier reply. Fertilizer and watering is done on an hourly rate. The cust. knows this. I put that in writing before I start. Mulching is priced per yd. (around 50 per yd) installed plus delivery. Thanks again folks!