Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-17-2011, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Joe, you could have started a new thread for this, but you will get responses here. IMO, as long as its on the truck it shouldn't matter where. The only issue the state may have is the sign is too easy to remove. I have seen companies that do pesticide work in NY, OH, and PA use magnetic signs depending on the state they are in. Those signs are just as easy to remove and they seem to be ok with the states.
Blizzard 860HD
7 1/2 ft Western Plow
Toro 7/24 snowblower
2 Toro CCR 2450 snowblowers
48" Allis Chalmers
48" Ferris WB
36" Exmark Viking
21" Toro
21" Poulan Pro
2- Echo PB755H
Echo & Ryobi trimmers
Echo PAS 265 & attachments
Stihl & Poulan chain saws
Stihl BP blower
Stihl FS-56RC-E Trimmer
Billy Goat 16hp HTR Loader
Pesticide License BU0426
A Positive Outlook
Old 09-21-2012, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Member

@Spruce - How has this setup lasted over the past two seasons?

I really like how you set yours up, and since I upgraded my truck this year...I'm also struggling to figure out the best solution so that I don't make it twice.

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceLandscape View Post
Little Wonder 16hp truck loader. Cost is comparable to most of the other big name loaders with similar size engines but IMO ( and I did a lot of research and demo'd a lot of machines) this is hands down the best engineered loader out there. The reduction ratio is AWESOME and the shredders and impellar design work extremely well compared to other machines with just straight impellar blades. Very rarely do I ever have to use this thing at full throttle because the suction is pretty good even at 1/2 to 3/4. Only time I will ramp it up is when sucking up really wet heavy grass or wet heavy leaves that tend to clump together.
I like the vac on the trailer. Do you run that set up in the reg season with the walker ? If not whats your method for dealing with the clippings ?
Old 09-29-2012, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wish i could tell you how it has held up but i sold off my business in 2010. The gentleman i sold the truck to was another landscaper from here on lawnsite, just cant remember his screen name. The leaf setup worked really well on THAT particular dump body because it was all very light weight and made of pvc or plastic so there was nothing to rust except for the brackets which are cheap if need be. I can tell you though i have never seen a better system in my area except for some of the municipal trucks.

For the guy asking about the loader: i only kept this setup for leaf season. The leaf box and loader/table came off after the first few months of the year when spring cleanouts were done being scheduled. I suppose you could leave ot on for sucking up grass from the walkers but we always just muscled the 9 bushelsby hand because it was just a lot faster. Even when rhey are heavy its cheaper and faster to kust buy 4 or 5 bags to have i. The truck and you can always just fill em and leave them sit until you are done with a big cut and then have two guys throw them in the dump.

Last edited by SpruceLandscape; 09-29-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The biggest mistake that guys make when coming up with a leaf box for their truck is that they try to seal it up. In fact you need to have at least twice the volume of air to be able to exhaust as you are blowing in when operating the leaf loader. The whole point is to let the loader move the material into the truck, but then the material needs to be able to fall out of the air stream and not try to exhaust with it out of whatever enclosure you have built. The way to achieve this is by having at LEAST twice the available air movement out of the box as you have coming in. with that in mind now you can design a box that will function properly for whatever dump body you are using. If its a shorty style 8' dump you will want your openings near the back of the truck so that the material can deposit at the front. When you have the larger 12-14' versions like mine was your options become much more flexible as you can see from the pics. Good luck amd let us lnow what you come up with.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2012, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a bump for an Older thread with lots of good info for an appropriate time of year. I'm out of the biz myself but I still troll on here from time to time. Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

Stay safe, stay LEGAL, and most of all MAKE MONEY!
Have a great season everyone, winter is almost here!
Old 12-09-2012, 04:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Here's mine...
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2012, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That is really clever
61" Wright zk
ASV SR 70
Takeuchi 135
Kubota 7610 40" rotadarion
20' enclosed 10k lawncare trailer
18' aluminum 12k equipment trailer
35hp Giant Vac leaf loader
Old 12-20-2012, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmiff1 View Post
Here's mine...
I really like this idea but how do you fill up, and start it? I'm guess you have the exhaust hose on in the inside.
Wright Stander RH 52in 19hp
Trac vac loaders and bagger
Billygoat 1302sp blower
Stihl handhelds
2003 GMC C4500 14ft dump
1998 Chevy 1500 Z71 with 8ft EZ dumper
2003 GMC W3500 18ft box cabover
6.5x12 landscape trailer
Jrco leaf plow
Part time for now and solo for now.
Third year!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Member

The gas tank sits low enough where it's easy to kneel down and fill it up. There's enough space between the frame of the truck to reach back there to access the key, choke and throttle. They exhaust tube is on the inside of the truck. Designed to separate when the bed is raised.
Posted via Mobile Device