Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-07-2009, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Member

WANTED Shindaiwa T-230, T-231 or T-242 outertube assy. Gearcase assy. & more.

I have two Shindaiwa T-230 powerheads. I need everything for both of them from the clutch down. It can be from a T230, 231 or 242. Items needed are: (2)outertube assy. (2)Gearcase assy., (2)Throttle lever assy. (2)Throttle cable assy. (1) front handle assy. (1) debris shield assy. Thanks for looking.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Member

I assume you know that your dealer can get all of those items for you. If not, happy to give you the # of one who can.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
I assume you know that your dealer can get all of those items for you. If not, happy to give you the # of one who can.
No way, oh my gosh am I a dummy. I never would have thought to call a Shindaiwa dealer for Shindaiwa parts. Kidding aside, thanks. I have called probably 20 dealers today (so no tx#'s please) and have found 1 used lower that I have to check out Thursday. To piece them back together would cost more than the price of a new trimmer. These two powerheads were cannibalized for the shafts years ago. I was hoping to find some nice person on here that has a similar but opposite problem, having shafts ect. only. Shindi used to ship these in two boxes so I called all over the place today checking to see if any were laying around in someones shop. There is also quite a delay on parts for Shindi due to the buyout of them by echo. Thanks again though.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I have 6 of the old F230's.(best trimmer ever made, IMO) There is a dealer here that is able to get any part I need for them. It used to take only a few days to get parts. Now it is taking 2 to 3 wks. I am trying to stock up on parts, incase echo shuts down shindi.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Member

You definitely have some history with Shindy. F230's were early nineties or so? I have never ran one but given when they were produced I am sure they are bombproof. My relationship with Shindy started with T270's and T-230's. Shindaiwa made great equipment. I have not had to buy any in several years because of their quality. I hope they continue to make great stuff under new ownership. My heart sank when I heard an Echo in Shindaiwa.