Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-09-2009, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

just wondering are the gearbox attachments any good. like the prunner or hedge trimmer atachment
Old 10-09-2009, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
I hated my echo stuff I just sold two edger and a trimmer all 225 series. I've been very happy with my husqvarna trimmer but the stihl has some nice stuff.
What husky do u have like what model?
Old 10-09-2009, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat'sPerfectLawnService View Post
i probably will go with stihl because my echo (dont know the model) doesnt start very easy. it will start 2nd pull but wil die right away. it will go on and on and on, but the only way to kept it running is to constanly give it gas. and even if i set it down ( to pic sumthin up) when it is warm it wont stay running to long. mabye someone has a solution to this delema. also what kind of gas do u guys use for 2stroke Unleaded or premium or what. i know to mix oil and the gas but its just dont want to live
Just a stupid question: You try cranking up the idle?
Old 10-09-2009, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
i probably will go with stihl because my echo (dont know the model) doesnt start very easy. it will start 2nd pull but wil die right away. it will go on and on and on, but the only way to kept it running is to constanly give it gas. and even if i set it down ( to pic sumthin up) when it is warm it wont stay running to long. mabye someone has a solution to this delema. also what kind of gas do u guys use for 2stroke Unleaded or premium or what. i know to mix oil and the gas but its just dont want to live
You have got to learn how to adjust these units none of them will run forever without some tweaking. The echo has high and low needles and of course an idle adjustment.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Echo = Junk. I bought a SRM265T last year and it was the biggest piece of crap I have ever bought. If I could cram that Echo up someones ass at corporate I would. Its been out of commission for 2 months, the starter rope broke, the head doesn't stay together, and the stupid thing takes 500 pulls to start, it has about as much power as my Norelco shaver and its been back to the dealer twice for stupid little things like a gas cap not venting and an exhaust gasket. I have an 11 year old Stihl FS200 that has never had anything but a few air filters, we still use it as a back up, starts every time. $400 down the drain. Did I mention I hate Echo?
Matthew 17:20 - Have faith and nothing will be impossible.

27hp - Lazer Z , 18hp Lazer X HP
5 - BR600's, 5 - Stihl FS90's
50' TopKick Bucket Truck
A Ton Of Other Stuff

Old 10-10-2009, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
What husky do u have like what model?
323L but the 232 is the same thing just a shaft difference.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Used three cases of Dolmar 2.5gal synthetic oil in my two cycles this year! The only two trimmers that I had zero trouble with are a Dolmar 330c and a Echo 265-s! My tanaka's Redmax Shindaiwa and stihls were all down with carb issues!

Next year I will be replacing with more Echo or Dolmars! I have a 260 Dolmar that was real good but it broke because an employee ran over it! Too bad it just was not tought enough to take being run over
Old 10-10-2009, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTE View Post
Used three cases of Dolmar 2.5gal synthetic oil in my two cycles this year! The only two trimmers that I had zero trouble with are a Dolmar 330c and a Echo 265-s! My tanaka's Redmax Shindaiwa and stihls were all down with carb issues!

Next year I will be replacing with more Echo or Dolmars! I have a 260 Dolmar that was real good but it broke because an employee ran over it! Too bad it just was not tought enough to take being run over
Hey!!! Trimmer vs truck? Tell me one case that the trimmer win!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the Husqvarna 335LS, that's what I use. It has a ludicrously large (36cc) 2 stroke engine and awesome throttle response. Damn near twist itself out of my hand. I love it. Price is reasonable, about $430. Rumor has it that it's being discontinued in 2011, so I'm going to buy a bunch.

Earlier today I demo'd a Stihl 4 stroke. Felt solid, good balance, great fit and finish. I have to admit I was disappointed in the engine. It didn't scream like a banshee or reach ridiculous rpm's. I could see the Stihl being good for a newbie, the power is more easily controlled. The delivery of the power is smoother.

Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Once upon a time, there was a lonely oxygen atom. The oxygen atom met two little hydrogen atoms, and suggested they try a threesome. They did, and everybody got wet. The end.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I believe that the head speed on the Stihl 4 mix is the same as your Husky. Just because the engine builds power and torque at a lower rpm and is quiter does not mean that the head is not getting after it.

Tags
cuter , weedeater , weedwhacker