Old 07-01-2010, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

husqvarna the 223Land 323L models only
Old 07-07-2010, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS View Post
husqvarna the 223Land 323L models only
Thanks. I have never ran husqvarna, and not very many people around here use them either. I think its because of dealer support because our Husky dealer sux. I might have to find another dealer and try them out.

Shindaiwa T242X
Echo SRM225
Redmax EBZ8001
Snapper Commercial 21
Homemade landscape box
Plenty of soon to comes
Old 07-07-2010, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Im not going to try and say consumer equipment is better than commercial grade stuff, but me and my family have had consumer equipment last forever(however I am buying full commercial equipment for my business). We had a Homelite handheld blower and line trimmer last 15 years of mostly homeowner use and some commercial use aswell. Snapper rear engine riders last 15-20 years. 21" walks last 20 years. BTW I personally think old stuff was made better i.e. appliances, cars, equipment etc... Companies had pride back then, now its all about money. Hopefully all of my current equipment will last a while.

Shindaiwa T242X
Echo SRM225
Redmax EBZ8001
Snapper Commercial 21
Homemade landscape box
Plenty of soon to comes
Old 07-07-2010, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

the husquvarna line clasifies then residential , large property owners and commercials the 223 is large area owners and the 323L is the entry level commercial .....the absolute only difference is the shafts nothing more . and they have a lifetime replacement on the shafts and coils so it is covering most the issues and again we have never had them fail in regular maintenance situations
Old 07-07-2010, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS View Post
the husquvarna line clasifies then residential , large property owners and commercials the 223 is large area owners and the 323L is the entry level commercial .....the absolute only difference is the shafts nothing more . and they have a lifetime replacement on the shafts and coils so it is covering most the issues and again we have never had them fail in regular maintenance situations
People keep complaining about Echo being cheap, Stihl being finiky about oil, gas and all. Complaining about Redmax of super cold nature. Why are they keep going back for more? Maybe it's time to look at other brands like Husqvarnas, Kawasaki, Robin/Makita/Dolmar, Maruyama etc. Very few complains about these!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i will speak for Maruyama .I dont know the line that well or the unit size it was an estimated 25cc sized engine it was $319.00 after tax I do not know the model but its your basic entry level commercial unit . It is a heavyer unit comparing to the HV line one of the reasons we stay with HV. In my dealers eyes its a copy of kawasaki trimmer........It does look alot like them but i cant say for certian .we got it in 99 when we cleaned out a old storage shed so it was free to me it run on my families farm for 9 years before it died then i asked my dealer about a new one for them and thats when i learned the price and things ,which i know has changed BUT it was a fine piece of enginering no doubt as well.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Maru has close tie to Kawasaki. All Kawasaki bp blowers made by Maru using Kawasaki engines. If you look at the parts diagram of the Maruyama 2321 and compare to Kawi 600D, they look very similar, best design.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Echo's are crap. Im not buying anything but Stihl from now on. I love the 4 Mix engines they start a run perfect every time. you can get the FS 100 RX for about $350 it has the best power to weight ratio.

2007 F-250 4x4 V10
8' Western Pro Plus Plow
2010 Haul-It tandem 6.5x14 aluminum trailer
2012 7X16 Enclosed Trailer
7X10 Dump Trailer
18 HP Billy Goat Leaf Loader
2012 SCAG Cheetah 61" 32 HP Vanguard
Accelerator grass catcher with leaf entender
Kawasaki 24" KHT600 hedge trimmers
Stihl FS 90R Trimmer with edger
Two Stihl FS 100 RX Trimmers
Stihl BG 55 blower
Two Stihl BR 600 Magnum backpack blowers
Stihl MS 180C Chainsaw
8 HP Giant Vac blower

21 Years Old
Old 07-08-2010, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been all stilh for 20 years. My FS85 recently had some problems staying running ( repair shop said buy a new one). Anyhow, I have followed this tread and was moving towards a Tanaka because I am 6"3" and have to do a lot of fence lines and my FS 85 was killing me. My local dealer said they never carried the long shaft model and it was almost $500. I went to Lowes and purchased the Husquvarna 223L. Started up on first couple of pulls and is just a dream. So light, my back doesn't bother me at all... in fact, it is the first time I have kept the line cutter / guard on a trimmer and it is still light and easy to use. Only have used for 10 hours, so will report back if I have any issues going forward, but so far, a very good trimmer.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huling View Post
I have been all stilh for 20 years. My FS85 recently had some problems staying running ( repair shop said buy a new one). Anyhow, I have followed this tread and was moving towards a Tanaka because I am 6"3" and have to do a lot of fence lines and my FS 85 was killing me. My local dealer said they never carried the long shaft model and it was almost $500. I went to Lowes and purchased the Husquvarna 223L. Started up on first couple of pulls and is just a dream. So light, my back doesn't bother me at all... in fact, it is the first time I have kept the line cutter / guard on a trimmer and it is still light and easy to use. Only have used for 10 hours, so will report back if I have any issues going forward, but so far, a very good trimmer.
I was searching on the web about Hitachi because they buy out Tanaka. One of the trimmer claimed the shaft length is 60 1/2 inches ??? That is extra long. They supposed to sell in Lowes, check it out if you have a chance.

Tags
cuter , weedeater , weedwhacker