Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-07-2002, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Irrigation Mess

OK so i do lawncare for this lady and she is in the process of having a system installed. I go over there the other day to check out the progress adn the yard looks like a battlefield in WW2. Now i just got the yard looking good and now it looks like ..... My ? is that they installed misters in the beds but they are sticking out of the ground.. it is a Toro system and i have never seen any systems that stick out of the ground. can anybody tell me if they are installed right or not. Thank you.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Member

also is there any reason why they should be there for over a week and have not even completed hal of teh job?
Old 05-08-2002, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sticking out of the ground is OK. You don't provide enough info about the job and the crew to make judgements.

6 man days will handle an avg job here if there is such a thing. 8-9 man days is a biggy but we've done larger in residential work.

We'll bury 12" pop up sprays half out of the ground to gain elevation over some plant material. I avoid risers in beds if I can as you are alwasy making them taller. I try to position 4"-12" pop up sprays in the turf and spray back into beds and that way they never get over grown.

Sometimes jobs look like a war zone in progress but quality techs can put them back nice and it doesn't take long for healing to occur. We pull all pipe first then assemble valves and heads one at a time so no area is fully disturbed for long.
Old 05-08-2002, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. It just seems liek it is taking them forever to do this most of the other compnies in the area are in and out in a few days. The other funny thing was that they are not doen the stystem yet but found time to do somc hardscaping around some airconditioners that she didnt even ask for! Oh well
Old 05-10-2002, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Let us know how this "mess" turns out. Also if you can find out how many zones, number of sprays and rotors, price etc. Any digital pics?