Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Magna-Matic
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Magna-Matic Lawn Mower Blade Balancers, Sharpeners, and more

Old 10-15-2009, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Product purchases GIE+EXPO

Will any of your products or parts,grinding wheels, etc. be available for purchase at GIE+EXPO in Louisville this month?
Old 10-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Sponsor

Hello All,

Yes we will be at GIE + EXPO again this year. I think this will be our 18th year there. You will be able to order eqiupment and parts there, but we will not be bringing stock, except for a few MAG-1000 balancers.

Almost all of the time, people don't want to carry around grinding wheels and things while they are at the show. If you are driving to the show, and are looking for a deal, we do sell the DEMO units that we have in the booth on the last day, but they cannot leave until the last day when the show closes, and we bring one LOT#3 and one LOT#4.

We will have discounts on equipment, but not parts. So if you are looking to order grinding wheels or other parts you are best off to use www.magna-matic-direct.com

We will be at BOOTH 4031

Thank you,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp
Old 10-21-2009, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

After your response last Friday, I ordered some grinding wheels and the updated arbor. I ordered online at 11:00 am Friday and received shipment before noon on Monday -- good service.

I decided to switch arbors this evening but the old arbor seems to like its place. Looks like I will need to find a puller.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Sponsor

Hello Weve,

On the table where you'll be doing the conversion, put the MAG-9000 on its back so the grinding wheel would face the ceiling. Try to use a lower table so you have leverage.

There isn't much space between the motor and the arbor, so when you begin start out with TWO pry bars on each side, and gently and slowly work around the arbor and put pressure on to pull it upwards so you can fit the bearing puller on it. Just take care not to damage the motor housing.

Use a bearing pullers, to remove the arbor. Another good idea would be putting some penetrating oil on the end of the arbor, and try and let it loosen up the parts.

Lastly if you are still having problems using a PROPANE torch to heat the arbor up will also help if is hard to get off. (wipe off excess oil before using the torch)

If you need additional assistance please call 800-328-1110.

Generally we keep all parts and grinding wheels in stock all the time, so usually if you place your order before 2pm Central Time - we'll ship it out that same day.

Thank you,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp
Old 10-21-2009, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for your response. I was able to remove the original arbor this afternoon. I used WD-40 and Fluid Film last night and Fluid Film today. I borrowed a small puller. That arbor fought the whole way. I screwed the arbor nut on the arbor and pulled on it until I had clearance to pull from the back or the arbor. As hard as it came off, I thought that I would have to drive the new arbor on but it slipped on with no effort at all!

My Mag-9000 (9001) is now six years old.

See you in Louisville!