Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-07-2000, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Member

I am going to install my own little waterfall and stream that flows under my patio and into a little pond. Do I need to calculate the amount of water in gallons in the stream and pond and get a pump that will move that much water in an hour? The water fall will be small and trickling so do I need to do anything, equipment wise, for it? It will be about 2.5 feet high trickling down over several rocks. The pond will be about 16-20 feet from the waterfall. Will I need anything more to compensate for the extra distance? I have a regular outdoor outlet 10 feet from the source. Do I need to do special wiring or can I simply plug the pump in there? I know you all stress the importance of a professional installing it but does this case merit any special hookup? Any other thoughts I need to think of while doing this?<p>----------<br>Integrated Landscape Solutions<br>Lexington, KY
Old 06-07-2000, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, you need to consider some things besides the pump. First, to keep the water clean (free of debris) and clear you need to catch the debris and keep it out of the pump. To keep the water clear, if you are not having fish and plants, chemicals work. But much of the fun of a pond is having plants and fish, so using a natural method with benefical bacteria is much better. Please look at the Aquascape system, since this is for yourself. I have their system in my pond and it is practically carefree. Call them and they will help you get the right size pump and everything that you need.<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>
Old 06-08-2000, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Member

I agree w/the above post. Go with the Aquascape system and you can't go wrong.<br>Plus the tech. support is second to none,<br>very good people to work with.<br>Good luck!
Old 06-09-2000, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Member

You might also try calling Pond Supplies of America. They are closely related to the Aquascape systems, but have a somewhat fresher approach to some things<br>
Old 06-09-2000, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

IS THERE A WEB SITE OR PHONE # FOR POND SUPPLIES OF AMERICA???? AQUASCAPES SYSTEM HAS ALWAYS BEEN A WINNER FOR ME .....BUT IF THERE IS SOMETHING BETTER/DIFFERENT I'D AT LEAST LIKE TO RESEARCH IT...THANX
Old 06-13-2000, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Try Pondsupplies.com on the web, or 630-553-0033 on the telephone. Either of the above should get to Pond Supplies of America.