Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-16-2009, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

36" Hustler Trimstar $2500

I have decided to sell my 36" Trimstar w/ 54 hrs on it. I just can't seem to take a liking to the controls therefore I don't really use it. I put a bullrider sulky on it from a local member of the site and also fabricated the chute deflector so I can shut it if I choose to. Mower starts first pull usually w/out choke, when it's cold out it needs the choke. Overall excellent condition, can't really think of any scratches worth mentioning. I'll get some pics later this weekend. Let me know if you have any questions.
$2500 54hrs.
Pickup only in Edwardsburg, MI
-Adam
Old 10-16-2009, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Please post pics, I am interested in it. Are you looking for any trades for lawn care equipment?
Old 10-16-2009, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I will consider trades. I don't really need the cash and could always use more equipment. What do you have in mind?
Here's some pics.
I forgot to mention the Trimstar sticker got rubbed off when I took delivery. It was from the tonneau cover of a pickup truck. Also I have a brand new set of extra blades that go with it.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond S. View Post
I will consider trades. I don't really need the cash and could always use more equipment. What do you have in mind?
Here's some pics.
I forgot to mention the Trimstar sticker got rubbed off when I took delivery. It was from the tonneau cover of a pickup truck. Also I have a brand new set of extra blades that go with it.

pics fixed
Old 10-17-2009, 05:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have the exact same machine and love it. I'm curious as to what you don't like about it. Its a very easy machine to use.

Dave...
Old 10-17-2009, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It is too twitchy side to side. It has plenty of power and leaves a great cut, but I just do not like the controls. I have operated just about every style of controls out there and I just don't like these. I find it difficult to make small corrections. Let's say when you have to veer left to stay on a straight course, it wants to jump rather than make small adjustments. I don't know, everyone loves these controls but give me dual hydraulic sticks or pistol grips, preferrably dual sticks. I especially like the zero turn that it does by moving one tire forward and one tire back if you get the control in the right spot, that is nice on a small walkbehind.
It's a great machine and plenty of people like them, it's just not for me. If I used it everyday and it had a larger role in my operation I would probably get used to it, but right now it serves very little purpose for me and I would rather not look at it anymore.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

bump to top
Old 10-19-2009, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

My machine felt like that too in the beginning. I scraped the side of a fence one time that scared the crap out of me. I thought I was going to take the fence out. I don't know if I started to get used to it or what, but after a few weeks I seemed really comfortable. The controls are very comfortable and easy to operate. Maybe they calm down after a while or you just get used to it. I don't know.

I do know that that is an excellent price on a nice machine. Good luck.

Dave...
Old 10-21-2009, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

one more bump before we try out ebay
Old 10-22-2009, 03:01 AM
LawnSite Member

i wil give u 1500