Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-02-2010, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Tech View Post
There arent alot of options for landscapers that I have found. You have the Earth and Turf sp100, Ecolawn and R&R topdresser. I have tried the Earth and Turf and the Ecolawn. I bought the Ecolawn. I considered the R&R unit but didnt get to test it and was a little worried about different materials not going thru it. The Ecolawn spreads just about everything that I have put in it so far. I think it is expensive for such a simple machine. There just isnt alot to choose from for now.

I have a few designs in mind to build a simple machine that has a price point of less than 3k that is self propelled and spreads a wide assortment of materials. I plan on building it over the next few months and see if my design works as I envisioned.
Turf Tech, did you ever get the chance to build a prototype? Was wondering what the results were. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Member

No I have been so busy I haven't had any free time. It may end up being a winter project.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-02-2010, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
No I have been so busy I haven't had any free time. It may end up being a winter project.
Posted via Mobile Device
You have winters in Texas?

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 06-02-2010, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Member

The rig is working pretty well. We have put out about 120 yards of compost with one college student who works from 1 to 5. We have been at it for about six weeks. He usually can topdress about 18k sq/ft in that time which includes going to the compost place to load up. Still tweaking a little but it works pretty well. Fixing to put a commercial on tv soon hopefully that will increase our call volume.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-02-2010, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
The rig is working pretty well. We have put out about 120 yards of compost with one college student who works from 1 to 5. We have been at it for about six weeks. He usually can topdress about 18k sq/ft in that time which includes going to the compost place to load up. Still tweaking a little but it works pretty well. Fixing to put a commercial on tv soon hopefully that will increase our call volume.
Posted via Mobile Device
Grew up in Colorado and could always tell someone from Texas when they said "fix'n", I still use it today because that where my mother is from, that and "crik" instead of stream
Old 06-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Sponsor

Eco-Lawn....

Hi folks!

I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows about the newest improvements in the Eco-Lawn Applicator.

Most importantly, the outfeed door now enables very precise metering of the materials that you spread. The machines performance with peletized and powdered materials is excellent. I still would not suggest that inorganic materials are spread with this machine. There is no comprimise in performance between compost and peletized materials. The linkage points have been beefed up. The setup is quite bomber.

The finish is now powder coated and no longer paint.

There is a seperate unit (additional cost) which fits into the hopper if you spread a lot of granulars or salt. It's designed to reduce the weight on the conveyor when spreading heavy granulars and it works very well.

I will upload some pictures in a few days.

Despite the upgrades, the cost remains $5,500.00 The price has not changed in several years.
Toll Free (844) 266-9375
Certified Soil Foodweb Advisor
"Products, Service and Support for Ecological Land Care"
Old 06-03-2010, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Is there any way to adjust the spread pattern? It throws heavy to yhe right.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-14-2010, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Ecolawn Applicator For Sale in Wisconsin

I have an Ecolawn Applicator that I am looking to sell. It has roughly 25 hours on it and is in like new condition still. My business is going in a different direction so I haven't been using it and don't see the need to keep it around. I bought it last fall and am looking to get $ 4700 for it. I live in southeastern Wisconsin. I would be willing to deliver for a small fee if we could work something out. I don't get time to check back here much, so if anyone has any ?'s please feel free to call or text me at 414-531-3422.

Thanks
Joe
Old 06-14-2010, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Also if anyone knows of a good place to post things like the spreader for sale, that would be helpful. Already on E-bay and Craigs.

Thanks
Joe
Old 06-15-2010, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnBoyzLLC View Post
Also if anyone knows of a good place to post things like the spreader for sale, that would be helpful. Already on E-bay and Craigs.

Thanks
Joe
Try the Equipment Forum on this site.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt