Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-05-2009, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Member

How long have these new machines been out ? Anybody got through a leaf season with one . I watched those videos also and I've never had any trouble with the parts that were mentioned . Didn't Exmark try to manufacture one of these before , I think my neighbor down the street still has one . Walker has a dependable machine that's what I 've used to make a living for almost ten years .
Old 11-05-2009, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
How long have these new machines been out ? Anybody got through a leaf season with one . I watched those videos also and I've never had any trouble with the parts that were mentioned . Didn't Exmark try to manufacture one of these before , I think my neighbor down the street still has one . Walker has a dependable machine that's what I 've used to make a living for almost ten years .
Well Walker did it first, but I think that eXmark has done an excellent job. The Navigator is not a new product, been out for a few years now. I have run both.. currently have only eXmark Navigators.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
They have been out since 05. I believe Toro (or it could have been Exmark) came out with one years ago and it was called the Frontrunner. I don't think it worked out to well for them. I have been through one leaf season and am in the middle of my second with the Navigator and it is the best thing I could ever have ever purchased. I have used Walkers and my Navigator and have a slight preference for the Navigator.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 11-06-2009, 07:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
They have been out since 05. I believe Toro (or it could have been Exmark) came out with one years ago and it was called the Frontrunner. I don't think it worked out to well for them. I have been through one leaf season and am in the middle of my second with the Navigator and it is the best thing I could ever have ever purchased. I have used Walkers and my Navigator and have a slight preference for the Navigator.
eXmark still makes Frontrunners, but they are completely different machine than the Navigator. They are side discharge, with no built in pickup. They come with 52", 60" and 72" decks. They are powered by either the 27 hp Kohler or the 25 hp Kubota diesel.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeClimber57 View Post
eXmark still makes Frontrunners, but they are completely different machine than the Navigator. They are side discharge, with no built in pickup. They come with 52", 60" and 72" decks. They are powered by either the 27 hp Kohler or the 25 hp Kubota diesel.
I could have the name wrong or like I'm thinking, it might have been Toro that made an older version of a dedicated bagger.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 11-06-2009, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

kit

109-5458 is the part number for the fill reduction kit for older serial numbers built with out it.

Exmark built a dedicated bagger called the Explorer back in the early 90's. They were nothing like the Navigator. They were an out front dedicated bagger.

Toro also had a dedicated bagger similar to a walker called a Turfmaster I believe. Again, nothing like the Navigator.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

do ya have a price for that fill reduction kit?

My E-450 Dovetail Van project thread.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351062&page=7
Old 11-06-2009, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

not at the shop

I think it was like 50 bucks.....
Old 11-06-2009, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Member

does anybody know if they make dump bins for the navigator?
and if so a rough price
Old 11-06-2009, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallimeca View Post
109-5458 is the part number for the fill reduction kit for older serial numbers built with out it.

Exmark built a dedicated bagger called the Explorer back in the early 90's. They were nothing like the Navigator. They were an out front dedicated bagger.

Toro also had a dedicated bagger similar to a walker called a Turfmaster I believe. Again, nothing like the Navigator.
Thanks for the clarification dude.....I must have been confused. I think the turfmaster must be what I was thinking about.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com