Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-11-2009, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Walker has a brand new 48" GHS Deck (same design as the 52" deck with reverse direction on the blades!) called "DGHS48", and a brand new 48" Mulching Deck called "DML48"! I haven't seen any input yet about either deck.

To see all of the new decks, check out: http://gallery.walkermowers.com/view...lbumName=Decks
Old 11-11-2009, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Grasscutter View Post
I will consider a Navigator when they come out with dump bins for the catcher and a side discharge deck to run in the summer when not bagging. Until then, I'm sticking with Walker.
I just called Exmark about the rumblings concerning a side discharge deck. The tech I spoke with was aware of these rumblings and supposedly will call me back with a yes or no answer.
I purchased my Navigator with the expressed understanding a side discharge deck was going to be available - three years later I'm still waiting.
If it wasn't for the local Walker dealer being such a dick I would have bought a Walker first. Dude actually told me I was "too small" of an operation for his dealership as I was inquiring about one machine plus attachments. Fast forward three years and $98K in purchases/equip my question from one dealer (not the Walker jerkoff) is am I still too small?
If Exmark does indeed come out with a side discharge deck for the Navigator I'll keep it. If not I'll dump the Navigator and find another Walker dealer as I need two machines with multiple attachment capability and the Exmark just isn't getting it done.
Don't get me wrong as I like the bagging capability and quality of cut - but I am not going to keep one machine around for two days of work when I can get five out of a Walker.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I,m a Scag guy so I've got no dog in this hunt. My Scag dealer sells Walker also and says he's gotten some of the Navigator guys back to Walker because the Exmark leaves a heavy footprint. The Walker is known to have the prettiest cut around. My 2 cents worth, go with Walker.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR Landscaping View Post
I,m a Scag guy so I've got no dog in this hunt. My Scag dealer sells Walker also and says he's gotten some of the Navigator guys back to Walker because the Exmark leaves a heavy footprint. The Walker is known to have the prettiest cut around. My 2 cents worth, go with Walker.

Wow ! Imagine that, 200 lbs does make a difference Now stick a operator on the Navigator who is "caloric challenged" and we are talking wheel tracks.

Last edited by dishboy; 11-11-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflasch View Post
Walker has a brand new 48" GHS Deck (same design as the 52" deck with reverse direction on the blades!) called "DGHS48", and a brand new 48" Mulching Deck called "DML48"! I haven't seen any input yet about either deck.

To see all of the new decks, check out: http://gallery.walkermowers.com/view...lbumName=Decks
And just exactly HOW is this relevant?
Old 11-11-2009, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflasch View Post

I only see one deck with outward counter rotating blades, the 52"
Old 11-11-2009, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlwn1 View Post
And just exactly HOW is this relevant?
Walker offers a zillion deck options and Exmark offers two, if you can't see a advantage to this their is no hope in explaining as you won't understand anyway.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dishboy... my bad!
They didn't shoot a picture of the new deck yet. It's actually called DGHS48R Deck... the "R" meaning "reverse blade direction".

I did pickup an info sheet titled "New for 2010", and it is on there.
The info sheet has pictures of it, the DML48, and a DSD42 Side Discharge (this is a redesigned deck)... also the Model MB with either a Briggs or a Kohler 18 hp with several design changes... and the Model MBS (Super B) with the upgraded PTO Clutch, improved 60" DSD60 Deck and a Yanmar Diesel option.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Just heard from an Exmark employee in Tech Services, Lennie, who explained there is no plan at all for a side discharge deck for the Navigator.
What allegedly is supposed to be released (if anything ExMark says now can be believed) is an electric dump option and bins which are supposed to fit inside of the primary collection bin on the Navigator. But no side discharge deck.
Well, I'm off to talk to the next local Walker mower dealer - by by ExMark Navigator.
To say I am royally pissed off is a massive understatement. The local rep to ExMark bullshitted me and the dealer by saying the very FIRST attachment was going to be a side discharge deck - fast forward three years and no damned deck.
All of which equals No More ExMark machines for my company - NOT ONE AND NEVER AGAIN - I simply cannot abide a liar.
So now I have an '06 Navigator with 428.7 hours, all up dates - for sale.
$6,000.00 or best offer.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ha

should have asked me, I could have told you there is no plan for a SD deck. They talked about it when they released it, but people buying an exmark navigator have no interest in a side discharge, if they did, they would have bought a lazer. If you wanted the options, walker is the machine that should have been bought. Buying a machine for 10k on a whim that a SD MIGHT BE AVAILABLE is a chance you took. Didn't work out.

Quote:
Walker offers a zillion deck options and Exmark offers two, if you can't see a advantage to this their is no hope in explaining as you won't understand anyway.
It's an advantage that less then 5 percent of purchasers take. This is why Exmark doesn't bother with it. If someone needs these options, buy the walker hands down.

It's all about doing your research.

Quote:
Not an issue i've seen or heard of around here. We've had more rain this year then ever before and most of these machines are running on high end homes with irrigation so the soil is always damp. Guess it depends on where you are. Isn't effecting my sales.....and my customers are happy, which is all I care about