Register free!

Old 10-28-2009, 04:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Billy

Yes I agree that it doesnt look too big for that price. But the place matters - everything in/around/near/related to Moscow costs more that in other places.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

If you are looking for area lights with a bit more of an artistic bent, you might look at these. I really like the patterns these bollards throw down. Also, if you are putting in a grassy area, they are mounted to a concrete footer and are substantial enough that the lawn mower won't knock them out of allignment like a path light on a stick.
I am getting some for an upcoming project, I think they are kind of cool.

http://www.attractionlights.com/
Attached Images

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 10-28-2009, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Wow!
Thanks Tim!
I really like this ligths. I think even tall ones will not make glare from water.
Will ask our american guys how much it will costs to take them here.

And again - they should be placed near something - walkways, fence, tree, house...
Old 10-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Sponsor

While I wouldn't usually recommend this - I would consider mounting 2 MR-16 bullets at the top of the center post under the center awning to flood the property. One would have a 20W, 60 degree spread and aim at the property nearest the house; the second would have a 35W, 36 or 60 degree spead and aim at the property towards the water.

This would simulate moonlight as best as can be accomplished on the property, and would preserve the natural lines and visual flow created with the rocks. It would be critical that the light levels be very low, and that the lights be on a switch accessible from the house, a dimmer on the secondary would also be nice.

I feel that any other lighting on the rocks would be unnatural - of course the path should be lit with path lights.

stevep@voltlighting.com
www.voltlighting.com

Professional Quality at a Great Price
Old 10-28-2009, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Steve, asumming that there will be some pation near/around tree near water and customer will use boat - I think there may be some glare from this bullets. Territory around large tree and patio I would lit from this tree of course.

I'll try to found foto from the bottom to the house so you will see that there will be glare.
Attached Images

Last edited by pihta; 10-28-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Btw there is nice small cave near water
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2009, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihta View Post
Billy

Yes I agree that it doesnt look too big for that price. But the place matters - everything in/around/near/related to Moscow costs more that in other places.
I have always wanted to see the real Russia. Maybe I need Comrade Egor as a tour guide.

Now, I know your client spent alot of money bringing in rocks from some place else but I would ask the client to go with you on it and light the trees....pathway...structure then see what they think. Maybe do a demo on the rocks. Steves idea would be ok for a utility type light but I think it would make the house look like a cyclops at night when the fixtures are on. You can downlight patio near house with this technique tho. Everyone has different ideas and that is great but no way are 2 mr16's going to make an impact on a yard this long. Up near the home yes but in the 2 lower terraces no way

You can definatly play with that little rocky cove near water. Perhaps some soft lighting in that area

Last edited by Pro-Scapes; 10-28-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Sure, Mister Billy, you always can ask me about Real Russia LOL

I think we need to make demo for ourselfs. But this will be in spring... we put several homeruns along each stone - so we can put almost anything after all.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihta View Post
Steve, asumming that there will be some pation near/around tree near water and customer will use boat - I think there may be some glare from this bullets. Territory around large tree and patio I would lit from this tree of course.

I'll try to found foto from the bottom to the house so you will see that there will be glare.
I see your point, the distance from the house to the water is too far. My suggestion would produce direct glare. Looks like you can use the tree by the water for moonlighting - that would be nice!

stevep@voltlighting.com
www.voltlighting.com

Professional Quality at a Great Price
Old 10-28-2009, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Just curious. What is the winter like in that area. Will there be a heavy snow ? What about heavy rains that will wash out that dirt behind the walls causing a huge mess