Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2009, 01:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

To all Turf Tracer HP owners

I am looking to possibly purchase a 52" Turf Tracer HP and was wondering what everyone's experience is with these machines.

I have a Viking now and really like the idea of the floating deck the TT offers.

Let me know about any experiences you have had, the good and bad.

Look forward to your responses.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I had a TTHP 48 with a 17 hp Kawasaki. The only thing I liked was the stripe. That mower design is old stuff now. The trivantage deck is an antique.I went to a 48 Grandstand and love it. If you are buying new, the stand on is the way to go IMHO. BTW, my fixed deck on the Grandstand scalps less than the floating deck on the TTHP.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Member

I don't know what delphied is talking about, my 36" TTHP has been the best machine I've ever owned. Going on 7 years old, and it's never broken down, never been in the shop, cranks every morning and leaves a freakin beautiful cut. If every piece of machinery worked like my TTHP, life would be much better.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36" TTHP and it seems to be a very good mower. We have had no trouble with it and the cut is great.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you gotten a price on one yet lol, Last guy who came into my shop priced a 52 with a 19 hp kawi and it was $9,200. Thats pretty steep for a walk behind.
Wright
Snapper
Snapper pro
Redmax
Snow ex
Blizzard plows
Boss plows
And fix all the rest...
Old 10-14-2009, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Member

I own a 48"/17hp with trivantage deck. I'm not a pro and only put in less than 100 hours in the last 2 years, so please take my opinions with grain of salt.

pros:
- Very easy to operate. Adjusting cutting height is very simple (vs the viking).
- no scalping (my lot is relatively flat but bumpy in some areas)
- carpet liking cutting and excellent striping (without striping bar)
- excellent mulching (with factory mulching kit)

cons:
- bad clumps (discharging) and under deck build ups when grass is very wet and tall.

All in all, no regrets for my investment.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I have the 52", 19 hp kawi TTHP and overall, it is a good mower, they do clump up pretty quick even if the grass is even slightly wet or tall. I actually dont like the floating deck, it has a tendency to get "hung up" and you dont realize it for awhile! also I dont like the parking brake location, it sometimes causes the mower to shut off if you bump it. they are very reliable though, Ive not had any major issues with it and mine is close to 5 years old, Some of them dont come with hour meters? I dont understand why they would leave that off? I cannot believe some dealer is wanting $9200. for a TTHP, Around here that is the going price for the full size TT with the biggest engine deck combo.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHUSTLER View Post
Have you gotten a price on one yet lol, Last guy who came into my shop priced a 52 with a 19 hp kawi and it was $9,200. Thats pretty steep for a walk behind.
the list price on that machine is a little over $8k and the Commercial price is at $7289 + tax
i have had good luck with this machine..i recommend going with the electric start so you can get 2 more horsepower!
Old 10-14-2009, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantNest View Post
I don't know what delphied is talking about, my 36" TTHP has been the best machine I've ever owned. Going on 7 years old, and it's never broken down, never been in the shop, cranks every morning and leaves a freakin beautiful cut. If every piece of machinery worked like my TTHP, life would be much better.
Same, phenomenal cut and durability. Great, great machine.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKle View Post
I have the 52", 19 hp kawi TTHP and overall, it is a good mower, they do clump up pretty quick even if the grass is even slightly wet or tall. I actually dont like the floating deck, it has a tendency to get "hung up" and you dont realize it for awhile! also I dont like the parking brake location, it sometimes causes the mower to shut off if you bump it. they are very reliable though, Ive not had any major issues with it and mine is close to 5 years old, Some of them dont come with hour meters? I dont understand why they would leave that off? I cannot believe some dealer is wanting $9200. for a TTHP, Around here that is the going price for the full size TT with the biggest engine deck combo.
If your mower deck gets "hung up" you should try to put some oil on the adjustment levers. I did it and it worked like a charm. WD40