Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-10-2009, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have a pic but I'm away from the computer. It looks very similar, my pic is not that detailed. Obvious diff is the deck lift lever and controls look slightly different. But keep in mind I was sent this pic well over a month ago and I'm sure its a pre production version.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2009, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucec32 View Post
Any chance someone has a photo of the 48" so we can see how it differs from the Grandstand?

Also, the 20hp engine seems a little down on power vs the grandstand, which offers 23hp.
Exmark has released a number of youtube videos. I googled Exmark Vantage and brought them up. Re. hp the toro offered a 19hp version so the 20 is one higher. Most of the basic changes to the Exmark version have been added to the Grandstand.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjessen View Post
Exmark has released a number of youtube videos. I googled Exmark Vantage and brought them up. Re. hp the toro offered a 19hp version so the 20 is one higher. Most of the basic changes to the Exmark version have been added to the Grandstand.

Thanks. I'd forgotten that I saw an Exmark youtube channel once before. I'll look there.

The 48" grandstand had a 23hp kawi as an option to the 19hp. For mulching I think that 19hp would be a little lacking. But the 20hp seems to be a new design so we'll have to see what the torque numbers are on it.

I saw the pic in the thread and am a little disappointed the smaller deck sizes will have to wait another year. 48" and 52" are so similar in how one uses them it'd have been nice to get more variety the first season.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucec32 View Post
Thanks. I'd forgotten that I saw an Exmark youtube channel once before. I'll look there.

The 48" grandstand had a 23hp kawi as an option to the 19hp. For mulching I think that 19hp would be a little lacking. But the 20hp seems to be a new design so we'll have to see what the torque numbers are on it.

I saw the pic in the thread and am a little disappointed the smaller deck sizes will have to wait another year. 48" and 52" are so similar in how one uses them it'd have been nice to get more variety the first season.
Looks like Exmark is letting Toro do all the heavy lifting on development re. deck sizes, etc. and then they are adding the ones that are selling. The Exmark rep at GIE said a 60" unit will be available by next summer.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bruce they are exactly the same, except for the deck. The Toro is also getting the new lift design. The exmark also has some different paint and stickers!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a 2003 Exmark and have owned a '98 and used other of their deck designs. I have toros as well and just cannot get the same quality of cut and vaccum ability out of the recent designs for some reason. So for that reason I'd hope the Exmarks are different in the deck itself. I like a mower that really stands the grass up, which is also useful when sucking up leaves and other junk. I hear good things about the toro adjustable baffle decks but the one on my 40" is only adequate in lush tall grass.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The deck and stickers are not going to be the sole differences, from what my salesman told me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2009, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Member

I think I want one of these. Or two... Whats the price tag??
Old 11-10-2009, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have never used or even tried one of these. We use all exmark though. How is the center of gravity on them. Or should I say, how do they compare to the walkbehinds on hills?