Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-26-2009, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Stolen Equipment

Last Monday, someone broken into my public storage unit and stole my buddy's trailer and my Grasshopper 725 with grass tank and blower, Encore 36 inch hydro walk mower, RedMax 2300 trimmer, Stihl FX trimmer, Echo 210 blower, tool box, and 3 fuel jugs. Trailer was a black 12 foot single axle with 2 lift gates - rear gate had a Gorilla lift. Please keep a look out for these. I am in the Kansas City area. Thanks! Steve
Old 10-26-2009, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posch Mowing View Post
Last Monday, someone broken into my public storage unit and stole my buddy's trailer and my Grasshopper 725 with grass tank and blower, Encore 36 inch hydro walk mower, RedMax 2300 trimmer, Stihl FX trimmer, Echo 210 blower, tool box, and 3 fuel jugs. Trailer was a black 12 foot single axle with 2 lift gates - rear gate had a Gorilla lift. Please keep a look out for these. I am in the Kansas City area. Thanks! Steve

Sorry to hear of your misforutne, I will keep my eye out for it up here in the St Joseph area. If you have any pictures of it contact me and we can put it up on the board here in the showroom so others can keep an eye out in the area.
Wright
Snapper
Snapper pro
Redmax
Snow ex
Blizzard plows
Boss plows
And fix all the rest...
Old 10-26-2009, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for response!

I don't think I have any pictures of my equipment. I never thought about maybe needing pictures for this sort of thing. I will look anyway. I live in Kearney - don't get up to St. Joe very often. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2009, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol there is not much reason to come to St Joe.
Wright
Snapper
Snapper pro
Redmax
Snow ex
Blizzard plows
Boss plows
And fix all the rest...
Old 10-26-2009, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sorry to hear that you got all your stuff stolen. I guess this is just another example of why you should never slack on your security measures.

Were there other storage units that were broken into? If your unit was the only one broken into, I would think that it would have to be someone that knows the unit that is yours.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 10-26-2009, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Member

stolen equipment

there were 8 other sheds that had the latches cut, I don't know that any thing else was stolen. This same shed was broken into last winter - they took a snow blower and some tools, I am thinking this is probably the same outfit. shed was locked, but will have to do more.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Do you have insurance???
Old 10-26-2009, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Make out like it didn't happen then put up a camera and catch them red handed. Turn it over to the police and with a ton of hope you might get some or most of your equipment back. Sorry to hear the bad news. I would be crushed. I usually keep everything under lock and key. There's times when I have to run into a store or something and don't have some items locked up and I get antsy and always hurry and try to take the fastest route to get to my truck as I know it only takes a few seconds and it's gone. I do on a normal basis keep all my equipment on my property locked up in the attached garage with a dog that barks when someone comes close to the house. He definitely lets me know something is happening. Once they get a look at his teeth through the window, they'll be on their way quick. If not, they'll face the barrel of a 7mm magnum! I hope you and the police can find your stuff.

Last edited by ALC-GregH; 10-26-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Forgot to post the pic of my killer dog. I'm telling ya this guy won't let go. He's guarding my Scag in this pic.

Thought I'd try to get a smile out of you at a time it would be hard to get.

My large dog is one not to be messed with. He's very friendly unless he doesn't know you. He also listens very well. I've seen him look at a rabbit in the backyard then turn and look at me as if I had to tell him to go or not. Once in a while I'll tell him to get it knowing he can't just so he can take off after it. He'll never get it since it runs right through a chain link fence. Good luck.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldn't the public storage place be responsible at all?

Any camera footage around?

That just sucks, good luck!