Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-08-2009, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would sell some of the same lines that others sell so that you could get some of their business too. Then you are not starting from scratch.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc0207 View Post
I posted on here because I see a large vast of people from diffrent backgrounds, I haved talked to all the companies all 57 of them. I was just wondering what kind of response I could get, I am leaning towards exmarks,country clipper, husg, and walker. My biggest problem has been I love two many: Scag cut, Ferris ride, Exmarks name, cc joystick, Bobcats price, Walker well its a Walker
Quote:
hustler 25 miles, gravely,dixie chopper 25 miles yard shark 10 miles everything else 50 miles we live in country land so most will be sold to farms and large properties
These mowers do not fit in larger open land country properties as well as Ferris with the excellent ride, Bad Boy and Bobcat with their toughness and productivity with very good pricing, then you have Scag which is as good as there is in the cut category with the Velocity Plus deck. You will have some people that could care less what the mower cost; as long as it is a good product that gives good service provided by a good dealer. Most country property owners will want speed and a ride that want put them in the hospital, I don't see Walker fitting in any of those categories. They are normally for smaller more plush areas, these country people want to get a lot of grass cut in a hurry, and most of them want to feel a great deal of power from anything they sit on.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Member

I have been a Husqvarna dealer going on 5 years now. I would proudly recommend them to anyone getting into the business. They have been a really good company to deal with and have made a lot of changes in the past few years to make them an even better company to deal with. Their new all year plan that they just rolled out will allow a dealer that is committed to make extra margin on everything you order without having to place big orders. They even have plans now to come into your dealership and do your showroom, service departments, and even parts department for free. Just recently, I had Husqvarna step up to the plate when Briggs & Stratton denied a warranty claim and pay for part of a customers new engine. PM me and we can talk more if you want to know more.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

start out on a BMS like C-Systems or SoftBiz. Trust me.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I posted on here because I see a large vast of people from diffrent backgrounds, I haved talked to all the companies all 57 of them. I was just wondering what kind of response I could get, I am leaning towards exmarks,country clipper, husg, and walker. My biggest problem has been I love two many: Scag cut, Ferris ride, Exmarks name, cc joystick, Bobcats price, Walker well its a Walker
Country Clipper's joystick is cool but a novelty. That company is going nowhere fast. You should do fine with the other brands so long as you have good distributor support where you're at.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman2307 View Post
start out on a BMS like C-Systems or SoftBiz. Trust me.
the C systems is ince, Its just hard to drop that amount of $ right up front. It took us a few years till we built up to that level.

Another company that might be worth checking out is Snapper/ Snapper pro. That will give you small tractors/ push mowers and then bigger Z that are affordable to the average homewoner/ farmer.
Wright
Snapper
Snapper pro
Redmax
Snow ex
Blizzard plows
Boss plows
And fix all the rest...
Old 11-09-2009, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Just getting into the business, it is nice to go out and spend a ton of money on a system like Ideal, C Systems, etc. But that is a big expense up front. Between software, computers, server, fees for your manfacturer price lists, etc, you are looking at between $10K and $15K up front plus monthly maintanence fees of a couple hundred. That is really hard to stomache just getting into the business. When we started, we used Quickbooks Pro and Microsoft Excel. You can keep all you inventory list and due dates etc in a simple Excel spreadsheet and most accountants can work with quickbooks where with the high end systems it is harder to find an accountant that knows the system.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHUSTLER View Post
the C systems is ince, Its just hard to drop that amount of $ right up front.
Don't spend the money up front then. We got Infinity with 4 licenses for $4500 with a bar code scanner and label printer and 2 days of onsite training. They financed it in-house with no interest. We pay like $150 a month in support fees.

If you don't do this, you will spend way more than that in headaches, lost invoices, and paper (been there, done that).

We got decent Dell desktops for about $900 apiece.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman2307 View Post
Don't spend the money up front then. We got Infinity with 4 licenses for $4500 with a bar code scanner and label printer and 2 days of onsite training. They financed it in-house with no interest. We pay like $150 a month in support fees.

If you don't do this, you will spend way more than that in headaches, lost invoices, and paper (been there, done that).

We got decent Dell desktops for about $900 apiece.
That sounds like a really good deal. Does it do inventory systems good?
Wright
Snapper
Snapper pro
Redmax
Snow ex
Blizzard plows
Boss plows
And fix all the rest...
Old 11-10-2009, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

haha

save yourself the trouble and start a business you can actually make money at.......