Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-06-2010, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Grandstand 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Scapes View Post
Another dealer 30 min away is 800 less on the unit.
I was quoted 6400 plus tax. Are you saying that you have a quote of 5900? If so that gives me some bargaining power.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasb70 View Post
I was quoted 6400 plus tax. Are you saying that you have a quote of 5900? If so that gives me some bargaining power.
yes you should have a bit of bargaining room but rememeber this. If that dealer is absolutly outstanding to you and will drop everything to get you in fast if you have a problem mid season then I would definatly pay the extra few hundred for this svc.

That said I am still torn between the Scag and Toro units. Still waiting to ride the scag
Old 03-12-2010, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
yes you should have a bit of bargaining room but rememeber this. If that dealer is absolutly outstanding to you and will drop everything to get you in fast if you have a problem mid season then I would definatly pay the extra few hundred for this svc.

That said I am still torn between the Scag and Toro units. Still waiting to ride the scag
I hear this a lot. But I'm wondering how a dealer can "drop everything to get you in fast" if he sold the exact same mowers to others at the same price? Isn't everyone then on the same "top of the line" status? Does he stop fixing your mower when another customer with a commercial mower comes in? My experience is that the biggest customers probably get the fastest service, but that someone buying a mower or two will have to wait a little, and that often parts availability is what one waits on anyway. For this reason I'd suggest buying at $500 cheaper and applying that to a workable used backup machine. All this assumes the other cheaper priced dealer isn't a mess.

It reminds me of the system they have at Universal Studios. "Front of the line access". The problem is, they give or sell that front line access to about 20,000 people a day. With 30,000 people in the parks it isn't all its cracked up to be sometimes.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree. I don't buy enough mowers to be a drop everything customer so a couple hundred dollars is a big deal.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Just rode the Grandstand 48 at a dealer near by. Liked it alot. Would compliment our Z Masters well. Looking for a 36 tho so he gave me a 3/22 avalibility date but then he priced it for me at $6750. plus tax etc. Seems high to me considering what my friend bought his GS 48 for (5900)

Looks like the dealer just priced himself out of a Sale to me. He would not even budge a penny on it.
Wow. My dealer has the new 52 grandstands at 5200. They look pretty nice.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Member

I took my new compact Grandstand out for a spin yesterday.
Thats a lot of fun wrapped up into a 36. Can't wait to get on some grass with it.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryman View Post
I ordered a 48" that is supposed to be shipping March 4th. It could be regional so I'd check with your dealer.
Toro-

My dealer is on top of this, but I am still waiting...are there known delays with the 48-inchers or just issues with my distribution channels...
Old 04-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Sponsor

mysteryman -

The 2010 48" GrandStand models are shipping. We started shipping product to the field a few weeks later than planned, as some of our routine validation and pre-ship testing activities took somewhat longer than expected. Due to heavy demand across the entire GrandStand product line-up, we are currently in a backorder position on most models. However, our production facility is making good progress against the backlog of orders.

-The Toro Company
Old 04-06-2010, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the response. I just received word that mine is shipping this week. I guess I'd rather wait a few weeks extra than have the unit 'pushed through the system'...there's nothing wrong with thoroughly testing them! Thanks again.