Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-11-2009, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Member

See i think that people might have misunderstood what i was saying. I only have maybe 2 yards outta 50, plus mine that i use the pusher on. I didnt see economical sense in spending 1200 for what i needed it for. NOW, if i had 10+ yards that i had to push mow, i wouldnt even bother with a push mower, i would just go get a 36" exmark ztr, i am quite sure that the exmark 26" walkbehind would be a better business choice with someone that has a large amount of gated yards..... and i would def drop that dime on it or a 36" ztr. I know that the exmark is faster, wider, and COMMERCIAL, but that all comes at a price. Moreso, for 150.00, what i got was a deal. It literally looked 3 months old. Its got a nice thick deck, goes pretty fast, got great power, bags and cuts nice. I appreciate the insight
09 29 hp Exmark Nxt Lazer Z 60"
2 Shindaiwa backpaks
1 Redmax trimmer
2 t270 shindaiwas
1 t260 shindaiwa
Echo edger/ echo hedge trimmers
Weekend toy: 2003 KenneBell Mustang Cobra 632hp/611tq
Old 11-12-2009, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ'sLawnCareSvc View Post
See i think that people might have misunderstood what i was saying. I only have maybe 2 yards outta 50, plus mine that i use the pusher on. I didnt see economical sense in spending 1200 for what i needed it for. NOW, if i had 10+ yards that i had to push mow, i wouldnt even bother with a push mower, i would just go get a 36" exmark ztr, i am quite sure that the exmark 26" walkbehind would be a better business choice with someone that has a large amount of gated yards..... and i would def drop that dime on it or a 36" ztr. I know that the exmark is faster, wider, and COMMERCIAL, but that all comes at a price. Moreso, for 150.00, what i got was a deal. It literally looked 3 months old. Its got a nice thick deck, goes pretty fast, got great power, bags and cuts nice. I appreciate the insight
I think you got a good deal. And not having a need for a expensive 21 is what I was saying in my thread. Some guys go out and by a Honda that they may use 42 time a year. They buy it saying well it is going to last. Well yes if I was mowing my own lawn with it, or had a bunch of accounts that God forbid I had to push mow, then I may buy the more expensive mower. However the reality of it is, I have one property that has maybe 500 sq ft of turf that I use it on. Every other property I can get with my ZT and trim. So for ME it just does not got spend that kind of money and watch it sit. There is a time value to money and it appears a lot of LCO's do not understand that. Otherwise most LCOs would have Wal-Mart specials loaded on the trailer, instead of more expensive name brands.
But yes you got a great deal and yes I am sure you will be happy with it since you are using it on your personal property.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!