Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

View Poll Results: What do you Use your ZTR For? And tell us what Brand and Model.
Homeowner Use 6 23.08%
Commercial Use 20 76.92%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2010, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green tree lawn care View Post
We use ours for commercial use, John Deere Z425 with upgraded 9 guage 54. We have very hilly terrain here and we had a Toro Z400 and it could not hold the hills. So this past year we went with the Deere Ez Trak and holds hills excellent. Ive heard people on this forum saying they are a Home depot machine and would never handle commercial use. We have been using Deere for years and wanted to give it a shot. Supprisingly it has a faster ground speed than the z400. ran them sise by side. And at $4000.00 from our dealer for a brand new machine that I made sure I put through its paces it is still performing like new. 500 hard hrs and never been in the shop. I am impressed and would recommend this machine, Even though its not one of the top commercial mowers.

Very Very interesting. I am sorta new to the commercial maintenance industry and so far, I'm running smaller machines. I am looking to upgrade to larger machines soon and I have been looking at everything from standers to mid mount ztrs, homeowner and commercial grade too. I do believe in most every case, a commercial machine is way better, but after looking over the z425 I think it is one of the best consumer grade ztrs available. Being value conciouse and having a small budget(due to starting out) I am strongly considering the z425 as my next large purchase(I am tryin to decide between a Great Dane Super Surfer or Deere Z425)I have considered many others and still am, but these two machines are toward the top of the list.

Shindaiwa T242X
Echo SRM225
Redmax EBZ8001
Snapper Commercial 21
Homemade landscape box
Plenty of soon to comes