Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-22-2012, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Suggestions for truck lettering

Wondering if any of you guys can help me out with some suggestions. Will letter this 2 suckers next spring. Will add logo to the doors, something on the tailgate and possible back fenders.

I was thinking about putting a white vinyl on the back windows with my logos on it, with those see-through special wraps. Not sure what my options are probably black or white background since the trucks are red lol.

Any tips or opinions is welcome!
Attached Images

Complete lawn care services
Old 11-22-2012, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Get one of the see thro window decals thats whats on my truck go back through my post should be there with a pic
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2012, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...6&postcount=16 i got this done in my back window a few months back.. it cost me $150.00 i've seen much better looking.. but i gotta say it stands out.. but never had a call from it. i am gonna get the doors lettered for next season as well as the tail gate, and when the window decals wear, and time to come off i won't do that again. can't see through it when it rains.. not a big deal until i have to back my trailer back into my driveway which is down a hill.. when i can't see out back window it makes it a little tough.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I look at door lettering as a means to look more professional, along with having all crew members in matching shirts with my logo. I spent about $200 to have a start up graphic designer render my logo and business cards when I decided to go "all in." Well worth the money in my opinion. I believe continuity in your brand is critical, and really sets you apart in an inundated market. I started out with vinyl door and tailgate lettering, but have since gone to magnets. This was no problem for me since I run fleet white on all our cabs, but probably wouldn't work for you with red. I have done some truck swapping and did not enjoy removing the stickers.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Prob gonna letter my truck in the spring. I was wondering if there's a website that allows you to design the lettering (maybe graphics) on your own make of vehicle or upload actual pic of your truck &/or logo, so you can mess around with some ideas.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-25-2012, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I would recommend doors and tailgate instead of the back window. The back window can become a pain if it's done incorrectly.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbow300 View Post
I spent about $200 to have a start up graphic designer render my logo and business cards when I decided to go "all in." Well worth the money in my opinion.
I am a big believer in getting a graphic designer to design the logo, business card, magnetic signs, etc., but $200 . . . wow. Anyone looking for good work at a much lower cost, contact Judy at http://www.zibbet.com/PortableGraffitiGraphics. She's currently quoting a price of $15 for the design of a magnetic sign. I don't know how she can do it for that price.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Jovingo Landscaping View Post
Prob gonna letter my truck in the spring. I was wondering if there's a website that allows you to design the lettering (maybe graphics) on your own make of vehicle or upload actual pic of your truck &/or logo, so you can mess around with some ideas.
Posted via Mobile Device
sign-a-rama lets you do it on the site. I do all of my trucks on it from simple lettering to full wraps. There prices aren't the best, but one of my customers owns a franchise, so I get a good price
Old 11-26-2012, 05:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks GreenI.A.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-26-2012, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

As much as I want to get my truck wrapped, I like being able to take my signs off and hang out with my friends without any business repercussions.

-Michael

2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd crew cab
BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro Proline 36" wb w/t-bar controls
Toro 22"
Shindaiwa T254, Echo trimmers, chainsaws, pole hedge trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Shindaiwa 633 and Echo 760LN