Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-24-2009, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Member

As promised here is a video of me running the Tushogg when we did the demo. This Tushogg is setup with the mixed teeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsQ-eJB-5uI
Old 11-24-2009, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnH View Post
As promised here is a video of me running the Tushogg when we did the demo. This Tushogg is setup with the mixed teeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsQ-eJB-5uI
Man I like that mulcher. I sure wish I could put a deal together on one. The mixed teeth would be great. You could put in the asphalt teeth for rock and the chipper teeth for no rock conditions.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I was told by the CAT mechanic last time I was in that the cut rear doors is part of the forestry package but I think I have only seen that done on the 297 and 299.
my 272c had the door cut out replaced by perforated plate for the mulching package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
Man I like that mulcher. I sure wish I could put a deal together on one. The mixed teeth would be great. You could put in the asphalt teeth for rock and the chipper teeth for no rock conditions.

a tallow tree isn't much a challenge for any mulcher. it is a very, very soft wooded tree not native to texas but we have them.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 11-24-2009, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
my 272c had the door cut out replaced by perforated plate for the mulching package.

a tallow tree isn't much a challenge for any mulcher. it is a very, very soft wooded tree not native to texas but we have them.
I made short work of a pine tree that was similar diamater too. The tallows are soft and one of the easier trees to mulch but it was still a decent sized tree. Soft or not from what I have seen not to many mulchers for skid steers would be able to much that tree down as fast as the Tushhogg.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Was that Michael from Tushogg running the camera. I am sure I recognize that Texas drawl.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Nope it was Lane from Texas Timber Jack here in Conroe Tx.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Okay fellas, I watched and held off as long as I could. I do not knock any head manufacturer. To even try in this market takes some #$lls. But if you were impressed with that I would like you to watch a few vidoe's. YOUTUBE Denis Cimaf.
Yes I know and agree our heads are not for everyone or environment. But I can show you how to run our head, pickup eveything off the ground WITHOUT touching the ground. Better end product and less ground disturbance. Most of our reps are operators and we can backup our statements!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Member

I was wondering how long it would take for you to come out of hiding my friend! :-)
Old 11-25-2009, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I made short work of a pine tree that was similar diamater too. The tallows are soft and one of the easier trees to mulch but it was still a decent sized tree. Soft or not from what I have seen not to many mulchers for skid steers would be able to much that tree down as fast as the Tushhogg.
I ran a tushhogg for about 3 years. I wouldn't say it's faster than the magnum or FAE head. Don't know much about the Denis Cimaf other than the similar gyro trak isn't recommended for where I work (rocky ground). Each head has it's place. I've worked an FAE and Magnum side by side on the same machine. Both performed about the same. The tushhogg had more torque than the rest but it wasn't like "eureka". One thing I did notice about the Tushhogg was that the rear wall mini teeth need to be in place. I saw a few units with no teeth on the back. That means the counter-cut and shred mechanism isn't working right. If those are in place, you can get a better product quicker.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 11-25-2009, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I just looked up a couple videos of the Denis Cimaf head. I woudnt mind seeing one in person. It would be interesting to see some pictues of the head up close and maybe a clear shot of the knives.