Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 05-16-2002, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Member

OCDC for a Z

Artman/Hustler,
Maybe you guys can help me. I posted this ? a few weeks ago in the commercial forum. I just purchased a new Z a few weeks ago and what an awesome machine it is. My only complaint is the lack of availability of an OCDC for the machine. I know that you guys don't really want to get into designing and manufacturing these little items but maybe you can beat the bushes with your contacts in the aftermarket biz and see if anyone would be willing to come up with one. Thanks.........Joe
Old 05-17-2002, 09:47 AM
Sponsor

The problem with an OCDC is that the deck will not pass ANSI and OSHA safety tests with it in place. For this reason, we do not offer this feature because we would be liable for damage and/or injury. I think I have heard of someone with an after-market version. Mowerconsultant? What do you know about this?
Old 05-17-2002, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey HLC

The only company that I'm familiar with that makes a retrofit/aftermarket OCDC is York Sheet Metal. They make them designed for the Exmark Lazers and Scag Turf Tigers but will make one to fit your model. The guy I talked to a couple of weeks ago said I needed to get the blue print of the deck from the manufacturer and send it to them and they would be glad to make one to fit it. There OCDC is called the 'Director' or the 'Regulator' or something like that. Also Dixie Chopper has been selling OCDC's for all their ZTR's for a a couple of years now I think. If the York thing didn't work out I was considering trying to retrofit one of theirs. Have been too busy to do any of it right now. Maybe a good project when things slow down.
By the way, saw my first Super Z yesterday at the dealer and that thing is awesome-talking about built like a TANK!!!
Well good luck!
Mark
Majestic Lawn & Landscape
Old 08-05-2002, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

There is a dealer in Kissimmee, Florida that sells them. I looked at a Super Z today that had one on it.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Keith,
Is that Commercial Lawn Equipment? If so I'll give them a call. Thanks.....Joe
Old 08-06-2002, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by HLC
Keith,
Is that Commercial Lawn Equipment? If so I'll give them a call. Thanks.....Joe
Yep
Old 08-06-2002, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Keith or hlc, cn you leave a number whereI can a hold of them for a ocdc?
Thanks
Old 08-07-2002, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Member

4u,
I went to Hustlers web page and looked up dealers and found them there. I haven't had a chance to call yet.
Old 09-07-2002, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Did anyone get a price on the OCDC for a super Z yet?
Thanks
Jay