Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-16-2010, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagtiger View Post
the otter box cover is worth every penny i have run over mine with a bobcat and dropped it in mud several times and it saved the phone
The otterbox defender is the best $50 ive ever spent. I had my first 8330 curve for a month then it broke due to HUMIDITY. Can you believe that? I had it in my pocket doing a fall cleanup and it broke because i was sweating. Had to pay $50 to replace the phone then bought the otterbox which was another $50. I could dunk the thing in a pond now and throw it off a brick wall and it wouldnt phase it. Best money ive ever spent phone wise.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I also have the otterbox for my tour. It adds some bulk but is worth every penny.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-19-2010, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Pandora is my most used app. I originally had a Curve, upgraded to iPhone and hated it...got a new Blackberry Bold and I am in love! I wont go into details on why I hated the iphone, but I will say the battery life and email were my 2 biggest issues with the iphone.

Yeah...100,000 apps for iphone, but 99,000 of them are either useless, games or just plain dumb. I don't play games...on phone or anywhere else for that matter.

Email on iphone is nothing like Blackberry...its not push mail. Contacts on iphone are terrible, no groups.

Anyone using Blackberry Messenger? If you are feel free to add me, my pin is 21be5420.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 03-19-2010, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Pandora is my most used app. I originally had a Curve, upgraded to iPhone and hated it...got a new Blackberry Bold and I am in love! I wont go into details on why I hated the iphone, but I will say the battery life and email were my 2 biggest issues with the iphone.

Yeah...100,000 apps for iphone, but 99,000 of them are either useless, games or just plain dumb. I don't play games...on phone or anywhere else for that matter.

Email on iphone is nothing like Blackberry...its not push mail. Contacts on iphone are terrible, no groups.

Anyone using Blackberry Messenger? If you are feel free to add me, my pin is 21be5420.
I have the Blackberry Tour and can honestly say for the first time I love my phone. Did anybody hear about the app for the tour where it makes you have the Push to Talk capability? I might just have to try it out...
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 03-19-2010, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
I have the Blackberry Tour and can honestly say for the first time I love my phone. Did anybody hear about the app for the tour where it makes you have the Push to Talk capability? I might just have to try it out...
Blackberrys should support PTT anyway...is it because of the lack of buttons the Tour requires an app?

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 03-19-2010, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Blackberrys should support PTT anyway...is it because of the lack of buttons the Tour requires an app?
I'm not sure, I've been told by Verizon that they only have ptt on regular phones (only 2-3) not the blackberry though. And they just released the app recently.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 03-19-2010, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I know for a fact my Blackberry Curve had PTT and that was over 2 years ago. I tried ATT PTT and didn't like it...it was just as long as making a phone call...not a true PTT like a Nextel.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-19-2010, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I know for a fact my Blackberry Curve had PTT and that was over 2 years ago. I tried ATT PTT and didn't like it...it was just as long as making a phone call...not a true PTT like a Nextel.
Posted via Mobile Device
When you had the PTT on your curve, was that with Verizon? or was that ahat you were saying with the ATT? I loved Nextel when I lived in Florida but have heard nothing but bad things about their service in my area, otherwise I would just go with them.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 03-19-2010, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My PTT was a trial from ATT business...they sent out 3 phones for us to try. I do remember being able to assign the left convenience key to PTT on my curve.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-19-2010, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yes it was the Curve and the Pearl that had PTT...PTT with ATT was lame...way too much lag in the initial call to be of any use...you may as well called the person and had 2 way talk.
Posted via Mobile Device