Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-23-2009, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Is this site a mainly lawn care site?

I am a new member to the site and was wondering how many business do more the lawn care?

While I love to talk and learn more about lawn care, I would very much like to find out how other businesses are doing with the landscape Installation side of things.

Does anyone out their do Design? How about Outdoor Kitchens or Custom wood structures? Irrigation?

I would also love to talk about Water Features....... Does anyone install Water Features?

Micah Owner
Paradise Restored Landscaping
http://www.paradiserestored.com
Water Feature Installer Portland Oregon
Old 11-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Moderator, Online Communities

yes, it is...however we also have DesignBuildSite - http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123 - which is a part of LawnSite

you can click on the link above or scroll down to the middle of the home page and click on the DesignBuildSite logo
Old 11-23-2009, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you.....

Well if anyone stumbles on this post .... and does any of the things asked... please let me know what services your company offers.

Maybe if you started in lawn maintenance like I did and now have other aspects of the green industry ....... that you make some green in.

I would love to hear about it.

Micah Owner
Old 11-24-2009, 02:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pararest View Post
Well if anyone stumbles on this post .... and does any of the things asked... please let me know what services your company offers.

I would love to hear about it.
We offer twice as many services as Paradise Restored does. And we do it twice as nice. In fact, I think that's going to be my new slogan! "Twice as Nice - as Paradise!" That's catchy!

Just kidding Micah.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 11-24-2009, 02:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey Jim,

That very catchy....

Hows business starting out for the winter?

Its lookin like a cold one over here.......

Micah Owner
Old 11-24-2009, 03:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's been a great fall so far. Best ever, honestly. Wish I could say that about the rest of the year. Sales were off about 15% this year, overall. But I made a lot of cuts to prepare for that. Cut two key salaried positions, cut overtime, cut expenses. So although sales were down profit margins were the best ever. So a mix of good and bad this year. Didn't grow the company in overall sales for the first time in 13 years. But brought in more profit (take home for me) than previous years so that part was good. Up and down year.

But the fall has been fantastic for us. October and Nov. are 50% higher in sales than any previous Oct. or Nov. for our company. I think we just got lucky and landed some big jobs at the end of the season. Just finishing one big tomorrow and started a new one today. Fortunately, we've had pretty good weather up until the last week or so. We've still been able to do install work this late into the year.

Maintenance is better than ever too. Joe was good. But the guy we've replaced him with is even better in terms of landing and keeping maintenance accounts. And, sorry to say, he's a little more loyal too. So we're going into the winter with more accounts than ever before, which helps a lot. It will be a good winter, for once. Last winter was freakin' brutal. I wasn't prepared for that. This year we're in a much better position, thank God.

Should slow down after Dec. 1st unless we land another big job or something. But I don't see that happening. So I'm looking forward to finally being able to sleep in a little and catch up on some movies. Looking forward to Maui in Jan. too. I just want to get out of town for a few weeks this winter and get away from the rain and cold. Ugh!! I hate this place! One day I'm gonna move to Palm Springs or San Diego and let you take over the landscaping business in this area.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon