Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-30-2009, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

(MODERATOR PLEASE READ) Verizon Blackberry Storm 9530 operation system v5.0 issue

I am currently having problems with LS e-mails while using my Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm. This phone has the new Verizon operation system version 5.0. This updated OS came out this week to correct and support issues with this phone and others. This is also the same OS they have installed in the Storm 2 that is hitting the shelves right now.

The reason I am starting this thread is to make the LS Webmaster aware of a potential problem with their site. What I have found is that while receiving LS e-mails with thread related information in them I cannot access the links within those e-mails. This e-mail / thread issue appears to be unique to LS, although I do not belong to any other thread based forums. The LS link will appear in the phones e-mail inbox with its full shortcut, although the phone will not recognize it as a link. Because of this I cannot select that shortcut to open my browser and related thread. Verizon has indicated this is not related to the phone but possibly LS and how it processes shortcuts for e-mail dispersion and or their website program. Sorry, I am not a web designer and I do not know if I have accurately described this problem.

If others here on LS are experiencing similar issues please post your problem here for the moderators and Webmaster to view. if this is actually my problem and someone has a suggestion on how to fix it please post it here as well. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2009, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bump to find out where this thread has been moved.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

this seems to be a vBulletin (forum based program like Lawnsite) issue as my BB is now doing the same thing since upgrading to v5.0. This problem is not Unique to Lawnsite nor you......It is annoying however....
Old 11-18-2009, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Joey, since this is the only thread based forum I subscribe to I have no supporting information on whether or not it was unique to me or LS. BB has not provided a fix for this that I know of. If there is one out there I am open to suggestions. FYI, I have tried something suggested on "Crackberry.com" that hasn't worked. Their fix utilizes an extra menu item that allows the user to edit e-mails. They said that this would cause links to be viewed as shortcuts to the threads. DIDN'T work for me.

For now I will continue to copy and paste the link when needed.