Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-24-2009, 07:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Fradan wins the 'blow down'

Good friend and competitor called last week and asked if he could borrow a blower (s) to finish up some accounts; as he has helped us out alot in the past we not only let him have a few but delivered them to the site-one was our nearly brand new, wobbly wheeled Fradan Vortex, 9 hp.

Now I cannot attest to this, but according to his crew the Fradan was, by far, the 'best' machine they used; and I understand that there was a 13 hp blower there-not sure of the brand.

I cannot imagine a 9 outblowing a 13, but who knows-what I am certain of is that some of the people found the Fradan a real pleasure to push due to the large tires and the superb center of gravity.

While we would never buy another Fradan product again I thought some might be interested in hearing another point of view.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertProv View Post
While we would never buy another Fradan product again ...
Why is that?
Old 11-25-2009, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Member

GP, I have two reasons why we will never ever buy another Fradan; first, go to thier website and try to find a phone number for someone AT Fradan AND then write an email to either Fradan OR their distributor and see if you get an answer-I didn't which surprised me.

In case anyone is wondering what I wrote was basically this; we were surprised that they (Fradan) would choose to select such poor quality components for the wheels, bearings and tires-the wobble is astounding-as this is such an obvious part of the machine and one that really imparts a sense of quality or lack thereof. I then inquired as to where I could BUY better wheels, bearings and tires, I also inquired as to whether or not anyone had mentioned a knocking in the Thai GX Honda engines.

Both Fradan and their distributor are 1000% unresponsive, they simply don't care, if anyone objects to this comment-show me the number.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Forgot to add this, I did compliment Fradan on the balance of their blower; I believe I said that it was a 'pleasure' to push.

The best advice I can give anyone who is going to put down some hard earned cash towards a push blower is to avoid Fradan like H1N1. By the way I have also bought my last Honda GX, from now on with this type of equipment its Subaru.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Robert- Thanks a lot for your comments. Really appreciate hearing the feedback.

I agree that the Thai Honda's don't measure up to the "myth". We're playing with some of the newest-series Briggs Vangaurd horizontals (which are actually made in the U.S.!) and appear to be great engines. The new chinese-built Kohlers (the replacement for the Yamaha-based engines) look good too, but I don't like the "fish-oil smell".

Happy Thanksgiving Lawnsite!
Old 11-25-2009, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, I don't want to hijack the thread but Snapper is as bad about customer service.
I broke the 4 plastic wheels on my vac not long after I bought it and to this day have not heard from them despite numerous emails and calls.
I just said the heck with them and went to Ace hardware and bought AMERICAN made wire spoke wheels for it. I spent over $100 for new wheels but, I would have spent that extra when it was new if I had the choice.
The point is, CUSTOMER SERVICE.

NObama '08
NoMoreObama '12
Well, I hope everyone is happy now.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPDesign1 View Post
Why is that?

They are not considered the industry standard, The industry standard is Billy Goat Force and Little Wonder, Not that I subscribe to that line of thinking or claim that one is better than the other.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Member

The moral of the story is demo before you buy - name any brand of equipment and you'll find people here who love it and others who hate it.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Member

GP, what do you think about Subaru/Robin?

Tharrell, I agree-customer service is key.

Stillwater, I really wish I had bought one of the two you mention.

Triplex, words to live buy, but in my defense, we never-ever believed there would be issues with a Honda. I have four other GX Honda engines and they are magnificent, the oldest is on a Honda tiller and during the 25 or so years we have had it the engine has NEVER failed to start on the first pull, even after sitting for the winter!!

They really -were- amazing engines-works of art in every sense of the word.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i absolutely love my fradan 13hp honda blower. my only complaint is the very small front wheel. buts its very light and very small and fits well on the trailer. it blows alot of air. never tried a force or a LW but mine is so much smaller and compact, big plus for me

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity