Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 12-16-2010, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Jeff, I do like doing some landscape work but I want to do it mostly at my own home. A good friend of ours at church had a party at her home this summer and was talking about having some work to border around her yard. The only problem would be that she lives about forty minutes away. So I don't think I will do it. She has a very nice high end home I just don't think I am equipped to do it and I have know idea what to charge.
So you got a Shil cut-off saw, that is nice. I was thinking about getting a nice tile saw because I think it would work for scoring pavers and I do some home remodeling when it calls for it. (tile flooring) I was even looking at one today. Because I want to do my basement and kitchen in my own home as well as paver work.
I like the work you did with and around the white fence. Those fences look so clean, I have one customer that tore out her wood fence to put a white one in and it really set-off her garden. Later David
Old 12-16-2010, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice work, I like the lights around that tree. I'm considering doing it on a landscape job in the spring but I'm not sure if I want to or not. It would be the only tree lit in the lawn so it would look kinda goofy, but then again it may look really sweet.

1994 F-150 XLT 4X4 8' Uni-Mount
1995 7.3L F-250 XLT 4X4 9' Uni-Mount & Pro Flo Spreader
2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Stihl BR-550&600 Backpack Blower
Stihl BG-86 Handheld Blower
Stihl HS-45 Hedge Trimmers
Snapper Commercial Power Rake/Slit Seeder
Ryan Aerator
Husqvarna 235 Chainsaw 16" Bar
Old 12-16-2010, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseylandscaping View Post
Looks good.
thanks man
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
Looks great jeff.nice work.
thanks bobcat. Your pretty lucky that you have classes like that in high school. I am taking similar classes in college right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J & D Greens View Post
Thanks Jeff, I do like doing some landscape work but I want to do it mostly at my own home. A good friend of ours at church had a party at her home this summer and was talking about having some work to border around her yard. The only problem would be that she lives about forty minutes away. So I don't think I will do it. She has a very nice high end home I just don't think I am equipped to do it and I have know idea what to charge.
So you got a Shil cut-off saw, that is nice. I was thinking about getting a nice tile saw because I think it would work for scoring pavers and I do some home remodeling when it calls for it. (tile flooring) I was even looking at one today. Because I want to do my basement and kitchen in my own home as well as paver work.
I like the work you did with and around the white fence. Those fences look so clean, I have one customer that tore out her wood fence to put a white one in and it really set-off her garden. Later David
I really didnt know to much about the landscaping side of the business until this year. I gained alot of experience working with a local landscaper doing installs and I read alot of books. One thing I learned was to think ahead when doing a design. What will the landscape look like in 5 years? 10 years? Alot of landscapers anear me dont do that and with in two years the landscape is a mess. Yes I did get a Stihl cut off saw I can not wait to use it. I also like those vinyl white fences, I have one around my back yard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Freak View Post
Nice work, I like the lights around that tree. I'm considering doing it on a landscape job in the spring but I'm not sure if I want to or not. It would be the only tree lit in the lawn so it would look kinda goofy, but then again it may look really sweet.
I actually did not put the lights in I suggested them but I am not the greatest when it comes to electrical work. But those lights and the tree look really cool at night. They shoot straight up and now they are green and red for Christmas, it looks pretty cool. Btw nice ATV that thing sure beats using that tractor. You ever think of using that this year and selling then putting that money from the ATV and some money from next season towards a plow truck or do you plan on keeping the ATV once you get a plow truck and using the ATV for sidewalks.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslawnservice View Post
thanks man

thanks bobcat. Your pretty lucky that you have classes like that in high school. I am taking similar classes in college right now.

I really didnt know to much about the landscaping side of the business until this year. I gained alot of experience working with a local landscaper doing installs and I read alot of books. One thing I learned was to think ahead when doing a design. What will the landscape look like in 5 years? 10 years? Alot of landscapers anear me dont do that and with in two years the landscape is a mess. Yes I did get a Stihl cut off saw I can not wait to use it. I also like those vinyl white fences, I have one around my back yard.

I actually did not put the lights in I suggested them but I am not the greatest when it comes to electrical work. But those lights and the tree look really cool at night. They shoot straight up and now they are green and red for Christmas, it looks pretty cool. Btw nice ATV that thing sure beats using that tractor. You ever think of using that this year and selling then putting that money from the ATV and some money from next season towards a plow truck or do you plan on keeping the ATV once you get a plow truck and using the ATV for sidewalks.
Yeah u are very welcome no problem.thanks.yeah thats just a few compared to the 2 sheets we have with all the classes u can take.ok thats kool.Jeff few things.just wondering.what kind and what brand for trimmer line,seems heavy duty stuff.in some bed edging pics u had in the last few pages and some mowing.looks real nice.and what things u like to carry on your trailer like a toolbox with screwdrivers,wrenches etc..oil,tarp..and what brand and where did u get the ear muffs from.thanks
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 12-16-2010, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslawnservice View Post
I've thought about that, but I think I'll keep the ATV around, it'll go camping with me in the summer and all that good stuff as well. I may use it for walks when I get another truck but I'm not sure. I'm really considering those lights, but I just can't decide if they'd be out of place or not.

1994 F-150 XLT 4X4 8' Uni-Mount
1995 7.3L F-250 XLT 4X4 9' Uni-Mount & Pro Flo Spreader
2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Stihl BR-550&600 Backpack Blower