Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-16-2010, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

only thing i would recommend is on the landscape next to the stairs, the (looks like arborvitea) evergreen is planted too close to the stairs and will outgrow its place in a few years or more depending on amount trimming(never plant considering this, as often times it will still outgrow the space) and variety planted.

looks nice, but i would have planted that bush about 2 ft more out from the stairs.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

^^^ huh not a bad observation.
cub cadet lawn mower 21 inch
Abunch of shovels, racks excetra.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
Yeah u are very welcome no problem.thanks.yeah thats just a few compared to the 2 sheets we have with all the classes u can take.ok thats kool.Jeff few things.just wondering.what kind and what brand for trimmer line,seems heavy duty stuff.in some bed edging pics u had in the last few pages and some mowing.looks real nice.and what things u like to carry on your trailer like a toolbox with screwdrivers,wrenches etc..oil,tarp..and what brand and where did u get the ear muffs from.thanks
For the edging on the beds I use a shovel for a rough finish but make sure it is deep and then I run the weedwacker over the edge. I use echo .095 line, nothing special about it. Costs like $40 for a big roll. In my trailer I have mower, blowers, weedwacker, hedge trimmer, some POS chain saw, a few tarps, rakes, shovels, pitch forks, gas cans, small tool box that has tools that can fix equipment in he field(nothing too fancy) 2-stroke oil, regular oil, wd-40 choke cleaner, and other dumb stuff. Ill grab a pic of the inside of my trailer so you can see what exactly is in it. The ear proection I got at sears. I had a pair from Lowes but they broke in 2 days. The sears ones help up pretty good and really save your ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Freak View Post
I've thought about that, but I think I'll keep the ATV around, it'll go camping with me in the summer and all that good stuff as well. I may use it for walks when I get another truck but I'm not sure. I'm really considering those lights, but I just can't decide if they'd be out of place or not.
The lights in a way look out of place because it is the only lite house on the block, but in a way it makes the landscape and looks awsome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
only thing i would recommend is on the landscape next to the stairs, the (looks like arborvitea) evergreen is planted too close to the stairs and will outgrow its place in a few years or more depending on amount trimming(never plant considering this, as often times it will still outgrow the space) and variety planted.

looks nice, but i would have planted that bush about 2 ft more out from the stairs.
Yes, sir you are right. It is an arborvitae and it is too close. The reason it is that close is when I started to dig the whole area to the left of the arborvitae on the left is all rock from that wall that who ever built the pool (it is behind that fence.) just dumped there. I did not know this until I started digging and the homeowner did not want to bring in soil. So I spaced both of them even on both sides even though they are too close but the homeowner said he would rather just have them trimmed than spend more money to bring in soil. Thanks for the comment.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I like that Ford, is it a 95? I had one just like it but ext cab, man I wish I still had that truck.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the same problom oce, went to plant an arb and there was rock, i told the guy that i would need to bring i dirt and he laughed, he said to dig it up, and take dirt from the garden, little did he know his raised garden went to a lowed garden.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseylandscaping View Post
I had the same problom oce, went to plant an arb and there was rock, i told the guy that i would need to bring i dirt and he laughed, he said to dig it up, and take dirt from the garden, little did he know his raised garden went to a lowed garden.
I don't under stand people some times they want there landscape to look good but in order to make it look good you might need to bring dirt in or lime the soil and they do not want to do it. Thats why I now just figure bringing in soil into my price if I know the area has crappy soil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS-Tx View Post
I like that Ford, is it a 95? I had one just like it but ext cab, man I wish I still had that truck.
The truck is a 96. Its had its fair share or things go wrong wih it but it has treated me well. But she will be gone by next week.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslawnservice View Post
For the edging on the beds I use a shovel for a rough finish but make sure it is deep and then I run the weedwacker over the edge. I use echo .095 line, nothing special about it. Costs like $40 for a big roll. In my trailer I have mower, blowers, weedwacker, hedge trimmer, some POS chain saw, a few tarps, rakes, shovels, pitch forks, gas cans, small tool box that has tools that can fix equipment in he field(nothing too fancy) 2-stroke oil, regular oil, wd-40 choke cleaner, and other dumb stuff. Ill grab a pic of the inside of my trailer so you can see what exactly is in it. The ear proection I got at sears. I had a pair from Lowes but they broke in 2 days. The sears ones help up pretty good and really save your ears.

The lights in a way look out of place because it is the only lite house on the block, but in a way it makes the landscape and looks awsome.

Yes, sir you are right. It is an arborvitae and it is too close. The reason it is that close is when I started to dig the whole area to the left of the arborvitae on the left is all rock from that wall that who ever built the pool (it is behind that fence.) just dumped there. I did not know this until I started digging and the homeowner did not want to bring in soil. So I spaced both of them even on both sides even though they are too close but the homeowner said he would rather just have them trimmed than spend more money to bring in soil. Thanks for the comment.
ok yeah.it looks good.thanks.just wondering.i need a roll of it ill go with the echo roll like u got.now i got three small rolls.but rather just have the big roll.man that will last a while for me i think.thats alot on there lol.but thank you whenever u can get a pic.that would be great.yeah for the ear muffs i have s stanley pair 30 dollar pair but i got it for free at my dads work.there nice.yeah yours are nice.maybe get thoose like u got to just have it laying around.but thanks alot Jeff.also what kind of chainsaw u have.is the chainsaw the trimmer plus for the husqvarna.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 12-17-2010, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
ok yeah.it looks good.thanks.just wondering.i need a roll of it ill go with the echo roll like u got.now i got three small rolls.but rather just have the big roll.man that will last a while for me i think.thats alot on there lol.but thank you whenever u can get a pic.that would be great.yeah for the ear muffs i have s stanley pair 30 dollar pair but i got it for free at my dads work.there nice.yeah yours are nice.maybe get thoose like u got to just have it laying around.but thanks alot Jeff.also what kind of chainsaw u have.is the chainsaw the trimmer plus for the husqvarna.
The echo trimmer line was cheap and does the job. They do have some type of line called crossfire line which instead of it being round it looks like that * . But its like 20 buck more and there is no difference so I just get the cheaper normal line. The chainsaw I have is some small POS I got off a neighbor for free. I barely use it anyway. Someday I will buy a Stihl saw. I also have one for the husquevarna that I use more than the normal saw.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslawnservice View Post
The echo trimmer line was cheap and does the job. They do have some type of line called crossfire line which instead of it being round it looks like that * . But its like 20 buck more and there is no difference so I just get the cheaper normal line. The chainsaw I have is some small POS I got off a neighbor for free. I barely use it anyway. Someday I will buy a Stihl saw. I also have one for the husquevarna that I use more than the normal saw.
Ok yeah.i have a roll of the cross fire.im pretty sure.ok yeah.ok sounds good.also Jeff how u like ur redmax i like my echo backpack.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 12-18-2010, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i only have a echo blower and though its small i like it, i really like sthil and redmax though