Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-21-2009, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslawnservice View Post
Thanks slamjamrockinman I'm 17 and yes my boss is very trust worthy. First day i worked for him he tells me to drive his 1500 up to some job an hour away. And that was the first time we met each other so I was surprised he asked me to drive it. Yes ladies do like trucks when I had my sideboards on they loved driving in it cause they thought it was a dump truck. Best of luck to you this winter and next season to. Let me know how the blizzard does plowing there is a blizzard dealer really close to me. And its snowing down here right now cant wait to go make some money.
Thanks man, must be fun driving that set-up, Im jealous! Good luck with the snow, there calling for up to a foot over christmas up here, that will be a fun way to spend the holiday, o well. Do you use a snowthrower? I'll let you know how the blizzard does, so far I like it, just need a backdrag. My buddy's dad has a big company and they have 7 F350's all with blizzard power plows, they swear by them, they even put the smaller model on their jeep. The one you might be interested in is the speedwing for the half ton, or the straight blade for the half ton(HTS). Be sure to get timbrens and ballast though.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamjamrockinman View Post
Thanks man, must be fun driving that set-up, Im jealous! Good luck with the snow, there calling for up to a foot over christmas up here, that will be a fun way to spend the holiday, o well. Do you use a snowthrower? I'll let you know how the blizzard does, so far I like it, just need a backdrag. My buddy's dad has a big company and they have 7 F350's all with blizzard power plows, they swear by them, they even put the smaller model on their jeep. The one you might be interested in is the speedwing for the half ton, or the straight blade for the half ton(HTS). Be sure to get timbrens and ballast though.
Yea it was nice to drive. I do use a snowthrower. When I do get a plow it wont be for my F-150 its only 2wd I hope to upgrade my truck to something bigger and with 4x4 some time before next snow season. And like I said there is a blizzard dealer like 10 minutes from my house and the area that I service so it would be real convienent to for me. best of luck this winter with it.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

O, I just realized that your truck is 2wd. Ya if you got a dealer that close I would go for it. Look on craigslist, there is a decent amount of used ones in my area, not sure about yours. Thanks man, I know it won't be for a while, but keep us posted on the truck hunt!
Old 12-22-2009, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamjamrockinman View Post
O, I just realized that your truck is 2wd. Ya if you got a dealer that close I would go for it. Look on craigslist, there is a decent amount of used ones in my area, not sure about yours. Thanks man, I know it won't be for a while, but keep us posted on the truck hunt!
Yea I'm always checking craigslist for trucks plow and equipment. Will keep you posted. I'm trying to but a 48'' and an enclosed trailer first but if something comes available and its a decent price I'm going to grab it.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here are some pics from the snow storm we had on December 19. We had about 2 feet of snow. I sort of cheaped out on the snow blower since I didnt want to spend a fortune on something I will only use for one season before I get a plow.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2010, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Some more.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2010, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Pics look good. I was out shoveling today. Really wish i had that snow blower!!
6x12 Road King open trailer
Exmark Metro 48
Toro Proline 36 Belt Drive
Lawn Boy 21" commercial 2 stroke
Toro commercial 21"
Redmax EBZ 80001 BP
Redmax EBZ 8500 BP
Redmax CHT 2300 Hedge Trimmer
Redmax BCZ 2610 trimmer
Stihl BG 55
8 HP Push Blower

Solo Operation

My equipment and truck pics:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=283877
Old 01-03-2010, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben's Landscape View Post
Pics look good. I was out shoveling today. Really wish i had that snow blower!!
Yea I still got a few more to add but yea even though my blower is a troy bilt it still beats shoveling. But atleast your making money
Old 01-03-2010, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here are a few more. A before and after and my brother wanted to come out with me. A few more years and he will be old enough to actually work. Last pic is a buddy of mine that likes to work at night for a few hours when we do snow. He doesnt even want to get paid he just wants to keep working becasue he likes to shovel snow.
Attached Images

Last edited by jeffslawnservice; 01-03-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A few more pics of snow and this is a pic of my house with the decorations up.
Attached Images