Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-26-2009, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Member

BR600 vs. BR600 Magnum...what is the difference/improvement???

I own two BR600's and they are my favorite blowers I've ever used by far. We just got in three 600 Magnum's at my municipal job, noticed the different tube but no difference in performance....so what are the differences on the inside? Anything that makes them more fuel efficient or longer lasting? I heard they have two fuel intakes from someone, haven't checked ours at work yet to see? Anyone with some good knowledge on them I'd love to know more!!!

Stihl and Exmark dude.

Stand-On mowers are underrated!

*Being a landscaper does not require being a businessman, but it sure does make it easy*

Old 11-26-2009, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Member

dealer said??? improved valves, obviosly the tube is shaped differant not sure but of coarse he said lots of improvements.same price as br600 $499
Old 11-26-2009, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'd be curious too. My BR600 has been great, but the fuel "running out" with half a tank or so left is always a PITA. Of course I want MORE POWER, but who dosn't?
Old 11-26-2009, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rose View Post
I'd be curious too. My BR600 has been great, but the fuel "running out" with half a tank or so left is always a PITA. Of course I want MORE POWER, but who doesn't?
That can be fixed in minutes. Add some weight to the fuel filter on the end of the pick up line in the tank. I did it and now I can burn pretty much a whole tank wide open non stop.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC-GregH View Post
That can be fixed in minutes. Add some weight to the fuel filter on the end of the pick up line in the tank. I did it and now I can burn pretty much a whole tank wide open non stop.
my blower will run a full tank without stopping
61'' Scag V-Ride 29 HP Kawi
48" Exmark Lazer Z HP
48'' Bobcat Ransome Mower
21'' Husqvarna Mower
Stihl FS55R Weedwacker
Stihl FS100RX Weedwacker
Stihl BR600 Backpack Blower
Stihl MS180C Chainsaw
Giant Vac Walk Behind Blower
Kawasaki KHT600S Hedge Trimmer
Giant Vac 16HP Leaf Loader
Old 11-27-2009, 03:20 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I'd be curious too. My BR600 has been great, but the fuel "running out" with half a tank or so left is always a PITA. Of course I want MORE POWER, but who dosn't?
I have problem with my Shindaiwa M242. I finally found a very easy way to fix that. I remove the gas filter, slip the tube through 3 of the 1/4" nut and put the filter back on. At least with the tube in the Shindy, it fit snug tight and stay put, I push the nut close to the filter end, it work, never have problem running out of gas half way anymore.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

And just HOW do you fish the filter out of the tank on a BR600? I used my usual wire hook, reached in and hooked it, drug it towards the opening, to find that the hose is too short to let it even get within an inch of the opening. Upon inspection I discovered that I would have to take the hose off the carb, and pull it completely OUT of the tank, thru the grommet, in order to have enough to work with to even change the filter. Then, to get the hose back thru the tank grommet I'd have to remove the tank from the machine, but then I'd have to take the filter back off... So in other words, I need a new, much longer fuel line, just to change the filter and add a weight to it. That will give me something to do when it's cold outside.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazerfb View Post
.so what are the differences on the inside? Anything that makes them more fuel efficient or longer lasting? I heard they have two fuel intakes from someone, haven't checked ours at work yet to see? Anyone with some good knowledge on them I'd love to know more!!!
they have 2 fuel pick ups instead of 1, slightly different straps with logo/back pad, new harder valves and easier to adjust tube with tapered tip
Old 11-27-2009, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
And just HOW do you fish the filter out of the tank on a BR600? I used my usual wire hook, reached in and hooked it, drug it towards the opening, to find that the hose is too short to let it even get within an inch of the opening. Upon inspection I discovered that I would have to take the hose off the carb, and pull it completely OUT of the tank, thru the grommet, in order to have enough to work with to even change the filter. Then, to get the hose back thru the tank grommet I'd have to remove the tank from the machine, but then I'd have to take the filter back off... So in other words, I need a new, much longer fuel line, just to change the filter and add a weight to it. That will give me something to do when it's cold outside.
Is it still under warranty? This is defect to me!!! How can you even change the filter? Seems like the warranty should cover this manufacturing defect. Let them fix that, it might just solve your problem without weights.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Although the fuel filter is a little tougher to change, what you said is completly wrong. The fuel line does not go through the grommet on the tank, there is nipples on both sides of the grommet.
All you have to do is take the tank off (2 screws) pop out the grommet and replace the filter.