Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-26-2009, 11:37 PM
stuvecorp's Avatar
stuvecorp stuvecorp is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: lake wissota, wi
Posts: 5,142
Takkie is the new black?

I was talking to Dale at KR the other day and we were talking about how Takeuchi seems to be really coming on and people are very happy with their products. They seem like a real choice and now with Ron's impending defection, are they taking market share? Is there other brands that a people would ridicule you for having but have proven themselves? Are they getting better dealers?

What do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-26-2009, 11:55 PM
AWJ Services AWJ Services is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,169
I doubt They will ever take Market share from the big guys but now that work has changed and people are being forced to get maximum value out of there equipment companies like Tak and Kubota are really starting to gain value.
People followed colors when business was booming but I think you will see people following value now that times are tight.
Why can Tak and Kubota build an excavator that pound for pound will out perform anyones yet still come in below the big names price?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Tigerotor77W Tigerotor77W is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
Why can Tak and Kubota build an excavator that pound for pound will out perform anyones yet still come in below the big names price?
You could ask the same of Hyundai in the car segment.

Takeuchi isn't well-enough established that it will grab market share, but it makes a darned good product. Maybe Cat should have done something there instead of with a certain three-letter manufacturer? :P

(kidding... just adding fuel to the fire)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Tyler5652's Avatar
Tyler5652 Tyler5652 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leavenworth KS
Posts: 59
Im starting to see quite a bit of Takkies, more than i use to normally see.

Appear to be coming a real popular brand, alot of guys switching over.The performance and comfort are one of a kind.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Hanau's Avatar
Hanau Hanau is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Quad Cities of ID & WA
Posts: 1,576
I'll never own one. I refuse to own a machine whose name I can't pronounce.
__________________
Bob

Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Once upon a time, there was a lonely oxygen atom. The oxygen atom met two little hydrogen atoms, and suggested they try a threesome. They did, and everybody got wet. The end.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-27-2009, 12:01 AM
mudmaker mudmaker is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
Why can Tak and Kubota build an excavator that pound for pound will out perform anyones yet still come in below the big names price?
They want market share. IIRC that happened when cat first introduced their skids.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-27-2009, 12:05 AM
WillieWonka1850's Avatar
WillieWonka1850 WillieWonka1850 is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mount Morris, Michigan
Posts: 10,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
I was talking to Dale at KR the other day and we were talking about how Takeuchi seems to be really coming on and people are very happy with their products. They seem like a real choice and now with Ron's impending defection, are they taking market share? Is there other brands that a people would ridicule you for having but have proven themselves? Are they getting better dealers?

What do you think?
I think we should all just get a gun

But all nonsense aside,
I don't know, Stu. I almost never see a Takkie except for at the dealer.
Their pretty rare around here. At least around here.

I'm not sure if they'd get a big part of the market share.
But if they did, I wouldn't be surprised.
__________________
Willie







Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Foot View Post
Buy what makes you happy. You're the one thats gonna make the payments .....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Tyler5652's Avatar
Tyler5652 Tyler5652 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leavenworth KS
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieWonka1850 View Post
I think we should all just get a gun

But all nonsense aside,
I don't know, Stu. I almost never see a Takkie except for at the dealer.
Their pretty rare around here. At least around here.

I'm not sure if they'd get a big part of the market share.
But if they did, I wouldn't be surprised.
I use to say the same thing about only seeing them at the dealers but hell now anywhere i go they got them. Only seen ASV 3 times though if that tells you anything lol.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-27-2009, 12:20 AM
stuvecorp's Avatar
stuvecorp stuvecorp is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: lake wissota, wi
Posts: 5,142
Five years ago I don't think they were even on my radar. I also think that the one dealership hasn't had them for very long. With Chris and Shane and others having a Tak excavator and hearing positive things about them also probably raises some awareness about the brand.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-27-2009, 09:09 AM
AWJ Services AWJ Services is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerotor77W View Post
You could ask the same of Hyundai in the car segment.

Takeuchi isn't well-enough established that it will grab market share, but it makes a darned good product. Maybe Cat should have done something there instead of with a certain three-letter manufacturer? :P

(kidding... just adding fuel to the fire)
Hyundayi still builds a peice of crap car as they always have but they are cheap. I turned wrenches for most of my life and Hyundai has always been a disposable car. Really not a fair comparrison to Tak and Kubota.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 PM.

Page generated in 0.11198 seconds with 8 queries