Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-29-2009, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerotor77W View Post
I am curious (read: worried) about what will happen when the Chinese manufacturers finally get online and produce a competent product. Maybe it'll be tough -- there are no Chinese TV manufacturers, for instance -- but if they somehow penetrate, Cat and Deere and all the other folks charging a premium are going to have a tough time justifying it.
I think a lot of people have that concern.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
Kind of a shame since Kobelco makes Case's mini's and Sumitomo makes Case's large excavators (LinkBelt's too); both are just as capable as any Daewoo. Pricing may have been an issue too. Korean product tends to be very tough to compete with based on price.
Yes price played a major roll.

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 11-29-2009, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I am curious (read: worried) about what will happen when the Chinese manufacturers finally get online and produce a competent product. Maybe it'll be tough -- there are no Chinese TV manufacturers, for instance -- but if they somehow penetrate, Cat and Deere and all the other folks charging a premium are going to have a tough time justifying it.

There are plenty of Chinese manufacturers who make TV's.
China is following a path that Japan took after WWII.
There are many reasons why China can manufacturer so cheap.
They are goverment owned, there products require no R&D since they are mostly copy cats, there is basically no warranty with what they sale, and they do no distrubution and marketing.

It is Ludicrous to think China will ever beable to just manufacturer a product and it displace Cat or Deere. Look at the market share the China Tractors have taken?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
Yes price played a major roll.
What is the price difference between Korean, American, and European equipment? Can you put out some dollar figures as a comparison?

Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Once upon a time, there was a lonely oxygen atom. The oxygen atom met two little hydrogen atoms, and suggested they try a threesome. They did, and everybody got wet. The end.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a few questions if I may.

Takeuchi's undercarriage how is it different than other brands? I think somebody said it is mounted directly to the chassis. I am guessing the spindles for the rollers are in the chassis?

China DOSE have a CTL called a SM-80. I wouldn't mind seeing one in person. Heck I a might even sit in it. Then its back to my 743B. I have a pic of one but for some reason
the forum won't let me upload it.

BCRon I still think your 247B is a good setup. I kinda miss it to be honest.

To be honest I am scared of CTL's

Thank You

Sam
Old 11-29-2009, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I can't speak for the competent part, but here are a few Chinese OEMs That export out of China:

LiuGong
Shantui
Lishide

Shantui is heavily associated Komatsu. I feel that they don't compete well in the US because much of their product infringes on US patents and trademarks and they don't support their product very well. The cost of product support will drive their prices up.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_French View Post
I have a few questions if I may.

Takeuchi's undercarriage how is it different than other brands? I think somebody said it is mounted directly to the chassis. I am guessing the spindles for the rollers are in the chassis?

BCRon I still think your 247B is a good setup. I kinda miss it to be honest.

To be honest I am scared of CTL's

Thank You

Sam

Takeuchi uses tracks that have raised up steel imbeds so the rollers and rear double flanged idler ride on the steel, rather than on the rubber, less power and better life if everything rides on steel, and it's better in rocks.

I do love my Cat's undercarriage, but when push comes to shove (literally) the ASV undercarriage can only take so much power and weight, and then it wears faster, and I have been doing lots of heavy pushing to get work done, and I do miss the added reach and dump height.

But dayum, them cabs are HUUUUUGE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 11-29-2009, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanau View Post
What is the price difference between Korean, American, and European equipment? Can you put out some dollar figures as a comparison?
How about $30- 35,000+ between a Daewoo 220 and a Cat 320.

I can put my hands of a Brand new Volvo EC210CL with 5 hrs on it for $130,000. Someone find out how much a New Cat 320DL is?

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 11-29-2009, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So Ron are you planning on selling your cat for a Tak? Looks like you are taking quite a strong liking to Taks now.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
So Ron are you planning on selling your cat for a Tak? Looks like you are taking quite a strong liking to Taks now.
Trading in for a Takeuchi, unless some one comes along in the next few days and they will give me an offer.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96