Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-30-2009, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
I wouldn't expect them to say it is worse I think they are a good machine. I just hope you don't have man boobs because you'll have sore tits with that rough ride!!!!! did you see that guys jowls bouncing in the video. Looks like he stuck a quarter in the bed at a $20 an hour hotel
I saw that too, but any professional operator knows better, keep your haul path smooth and you are more comfortable.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 11-30-2009, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
So you are saying no Sony or Samsung Tv's are manufactured in China?

So why did you post this?

I also will ask do you know anyone who has or have you been involved in the importing of Chinese goods into the states?
I do so I actually know how it works right now. It may change in the future but right now it would be of no consequence.
Replied in a PM to prevent taking this thread off topic. Bolded part was my mistyping what I meant to say; my bad on that.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I will guess about 15% of my hours came will spreading rock.
Of course my machine sits alot now that I got the excavator so I still have not wore out my first set of tracks. I am close to 700 hours and the are half worn and the rollers and sprockets have no visible wear or fracturing in the pads. I cannot imagine any sane person being any rougher on there machine than I have. the rocks just chrush into dust and the machine keeps going.
I have experienced none of the horror stories that I see posted about Tak machines. Chris is the only person I know who does not get 1000 hours out of his tracks.

Side sloping is a big no no in the ASV manual is it not?
Old 11-30-2009, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=AWJ Services;3300613]
Of course my machine sits alot now that I got the excavator QUOTE]

I am wondering if I get a mini x if that will cut the amount of hours from the skids. Especially the ASL, that is really starting to nickle and dime this year.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
I will guess about 15% of my hours came will spreading rock.
Of course my machine sits alot now that I got the excavator so I still have not wore out my first set of tracks. I am close to 700 hours and the are half worn and the rollers and sprockets have no visible wear or fracturing in the pads. I cannot imagine any sane person being any rougher on there machine than I have. the rocks just chrush into dust and the machine keeps going.
I have experienced none of the horror stories that I see posted about Tak machines. Chris is the only person I know who does not get 1000 hours out of his tracks.

Side sloping is a big no no in the ASV manual is it not?
Just commenting on what the Takeuchi salesman relayed to me. I do like the way their machines are built although I have my personal preferences for what I do.

My manual actually rates my 60" machine for a 15 degree side slope and the cab has a standard slope indicator that tells me the slope angle.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
Very true that there is some information in owners manuals that helps to prevent lawsuits/liability, but come on now, you have to wonder why it is even in there to in the first place? I can tell you that it's not in there as filler or to use extra page space. Do you think it could be in there because what it warns you about has actually happened once or twice before??
Would this be why we have warnings on coffee cups to warn that the coffee is hot? Or how a certain chain saw manufacturer has a warning in their manual not to attempt to stop the chain with hands or genitals? Or even why there is a warning in a vehicles owners manual about not leaving the seat with the cruise control engaged?

Just askin..........
Old 11-30-2009, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco View Post
Would this be why we have warnings on coffee cups to warn that the coffee is hot? Or how a certain chain saw manufacturer has a warning in their manual not to attempt to stop the chain with hands or genitals? Or even why there is a warning in a vehicles owners manual about not leaving the seat with the cruise control engaged?

Just askin..........
And why there is a warning tag on the iron power cord telling you not to iron your shirt while you're wearing it
Old 12-17-2009, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well lets continue the Takkie love fest today. Took a road trip with my friendly Takkie salesman to check out an 08 153FR, can't do much digging but did play in their shop and that swing boom is so cool. Machine had 286 hours on it. We stopped to pick up a snow pusher and got a picture of this Mack.
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2009, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks very clean. Mine doesn't have the holes in the back deck, it could use them though.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I though the bucket/coupler was a little bit sloppy, like it could use a shim or something? Walking up to it I was really surprised how big it seemed compared to the Kobelco/Case/NH 50 size.