Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-10-2011, 05:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks bud, that answers a lot of questions for me! Great pics, keep em coming!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

nice set ups, it looks like that RD plow frame is off the front axle?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

who are you plowing for with a fleet of tandems like that. The only place I ever see trucks set up like that is for the municipalities/state?
Old 01-10-2011, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Member

The plow drivers around here really don't like plowing with the tandem dumps they have a belly and a front mount plow. The guys prefer the 5 ton plow trucks, some of these guys have 36 years of driving plow in the winter.

Most of the single axle plow trucks are tandem axle spec with a single axle 300hp engine, 13spd and 35,000lb gvw. They are pushing the braking capacity of the truck they just have enough braking power to stop a loaded truck. Some of the trucks have L10/M11 Cummins with jake.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
The plow drivers around here really don't like plowing with the tandem dumps they have a belly and a front mount plow. The guys prefer the 5 ton plow trucks, some of these guys have 36 years of driving plow in the winter.

Most of the single axle plow trucks are tandem axle spec with a single axle 300hp engine, 13spd and 35,000lb gvw. They are pushing the braking capacity of the truck they just have enough braking power to stop a loaded truck. Some of the trucks have L10/M11 Cummins with jake.
Your such an idiot... You do anything or all you do is know people that do something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjack View Post
got a light dusting this weekend , so i got the call to come in and sand with one of the littler trucks ...... couple pics of the cab over i was in and the other three guys that came in , four hours later all done........
and a pic of the ford , she sits all year only gets used to load our one tons in the yard and all the grass cutter guys that plow snow come to get sand/salt
The pic's look great!! What size is the sander in the one-ton thats closest to the backhoe? 3yrd?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004F550 View Post
nice set ups, it looks like that RD plow frame is off the front axle?
the plow frames on the mack trucks are all similar to were they are pinned to the frame at the bumper then they sit on the front axle........ i'll get a pic
Old 01-10-2011, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabmasonry View Post
who are you plowing for with a fleet of tandems like that. The only place I ever see trucks set up like that is for the municipalities/state?
as like most of the companys around here for winter work they plow state roads .......for us, we have 10 trucks that go to the state when it snow , 5 ten wheelers , 4 six wheelers and 1 one ton.........
Old 01-10-2011, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-master man View Post
The pic's look great!! What size is the sander in the one-ton thats closest to the backhoe? 3yrd?
um you know im not really sure , it sure looks like it
Old 01-10-2011, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
Your such an idiot... You do anything or all you do is know people that do something?
Uhhm lets see I worked for the highways dept when I was in my early 20s, I have friends that work for the highways dept that have driven plow trucks for many years. We live in a area where there is snow and you need to use a single axle plow truck with 5 tons of salt in it for enough traction along with the drive tires chained up.

I currently have 3000lb lead battery on my truck for winter weight and will chain up for the snow storm that is going to hit the area tomorrow afternoon.