Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-13-2009, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thought this would make a cool pic, i blocked the sun with the air cleaner and you can see the two "sun dogs" on the edges of the pic .....any way though it looked cool
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2009, 05:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Very cool! Nice pic jimmyjack.Hows that big job going?
Old 12-14-2009, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

well they ,being mackenzie is supposed to be do with the fine grading this week , then go home for a week for christmas , then start with putting in the liner for the cell, then all the pipe for the drain in the bottom of the cell, all that should take 3 weeks in january.....
Old 01-01-2010, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

some pics for after Christmas, still got some grading to do, little hard when it rains every week, but things look pretty much the way there going to... got a couple pics of the piece of crap kobelco i was using that day to dig the anchor trench for the liner, i let someone else do it the next day
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2010, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What was wrong with the Kobelco?
Old 01-02-2010, 07:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, what didnt you like about the kobelco? We love ours, and everyone I talk to loves theirs. I cant imagine why you wouldnt like it. What size is it?
Old 01-02-2010, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

well im not saying i dont like all kobelco's ,just this one..... its a i think 135sr, the front window wants to fall out , the thing is jerky, it swings like a swing brake is on,the cab feels small and im not a big guy.....its from a rental company , we rented this cause the rental guy kept coming by the job trying to get us to rent something from them , so when we needed a 312 size machine cat doesnt have one that size in there rental fleet so we went with neff rentals and this junk is what we got ........ this is why i like staying with renting from dealers , there stuff is most times pretty new/or nice
Old 01-02-2010, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjack View Post
well im not saying i dont like all kobelco's ,just this one..... its a i think 135sr, the front window wants to fall out , the thing is jerky, it swings like a swing brake is on,the cab feels small and im not a big guy.....its from a rental company , we rented this cause the rental guy kept coming by the job trying to get us to rent something from them , so when we needed a 312 size machine cat doesnt have one that size in there rental fleet so we went with neff rentals and this junk is what we got ........ this is why i like staying with renting from dealers , there stuff is most times pretty new/or nice
I rented a 3.5ton mini from Neff once, had over 5,000 hours. I swear to god it wouldnt get out of its own way! It couldnt turn with both tracks moving at the sametime.

You went in a straight line or turned with one track, that was it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-02-2010, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i'll look tomorrow , but i think it is a few thousand on the meter......most times the cat equipment as only a few hundred hrs ......united rentals isnt that bad most times, we got a couple things from them , water truck and gen set and there pretty quick with getting stuff to us .....neff just sucks !!!!!! the rental guy is some young guy who knows nothing about equipment, one of the guys asked him if he could get us a komatsu 575 dozer , he said he could have one on a trailer by the end of the day, we just looked at each and said really?
Old 01-02-2010, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjack View Post
i'll look tomorrow , but i think it is a few thousand on the meter......most times the cat equipment as only a few hundred hrs ......united rentals isnt that bad most times, we got a couple things from them , water truck and gen set and there pretty quick with getting stuff to us .....neff just sucks !!!!!! the rental guy is some young guy who knows nothing about equipment, one of the guys asked him if he could get us a komatsu 575 dozer , he said he could have one on a trailer by the end of the day, we just looked at each and said really?

Neff is good about getting you equipment here. They helped us out alot for a trailer before we got ours.. That and with machiens a couple times..

Thats who dad rents from at work, that and united rental.

He had a hell of a time with them this past week though. Got a 35N or H IHI from Neff, real decent machines power wise. Well both of them had idler problems. I cant remember what exactly happened with the first one, but I know the second one had the tensioner spring inside actually broke..

He called a mechanic out there and you wouldnt believe who showed up..

A mechanic we know that used to work at bobcat..

Then he gave Dad hell cause the only time he ever saw him was when something was broke, "God forbid you stop by and say hi without a problem!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!