Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-13-2010, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedly05 View Post
Nice pics, looks like fun! Whats the GVW on your tandems, how many ton can you haul?
my truck ( the polished body) is on 58 rears , most of the ten wheelers here are spec'd similar... the ten wheelers haul 24ton same with the tri axle, we got one truck good for only 22ton cause of how heavy the body is....
Old 05-21-2010, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice ASV you got yourself. That company you are working for now seems to be pretty profitable. Gotta love that yellow iron. That new GMC service truck a few pages back is pretty sweet also. Do they run those v-box salters at the shop in all of those mack's during the winter for municipalities? You think you could get a few more pics of the shop?

Old 05-21-2010, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinek61 View Post
Nice ASV you got yourself. That company you are working for now seems to be pretty profitable. Gotta love that yellow iron. That new GMC service truck a few pages back is pretty sweet also. Do they run those v-box salters at the shop in all of those mack's during the winter for municipalities? You think you could get a few more pics of the shop?
yea they do pretty good , be in around something 40 years , you know how things go they have there ups and downs but they try and keep things new ,and yes all the one tons 6 wheelers and 10 wheelers get sanders and plows and plow for the state and the pick ups and machines plow all the company contacts around town
Old 05-22-2010, 06:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjack View Post
my truck ( the polished body) is on 58 rears , most of the ten wheelers here are spec'd similar... the ten wheelers haul 24ton same with the tri axle, we got one truck good for only 22ton cause of how heavy the body is....
Is that with an overweight permit, or can you just register the truck for what it was designed for right from the start?
Old 05-22-2010, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedly05 View Post
Is that with an overweight permit, or can you just register the truck for what it was designed for right from the start?
yea i should have been clearer , yes thats with the over weight permit , trucks are only good for like 50 some thousand with out it , and they so now with the over weight permit and the bigger tires are good for 76000 (only in ri) in ma there registered for 73000 but we do must of our trucking in ri ...all the 10 wheelers have 12.00x24 tires on them ,makes changing tires enjoyable
Old 05-22-2010, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Mack superliner is sweet! My dad had one years ago, and it seem like they are super rare any more.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabe View Post
The Mack superliner is sweet! My dad had one years ago, and it seem like they are super rare any more.
yea that truck was the pride of the fleet for years , its a 87 ,300hp with a mack 12spd , again a garage trans ( i just hate mack trans) .... its got 800,000 miles on her , used to get a plow on it in the winter , been on its side once in the 90s so ive been told.......still looks good after all these years
Old 05-23-2010, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjack View Post
yea i should have been clearer , yes thats with the over weight permit , trucks are only good for like 50 some thousand with out it , and they so now with the over weight permit and the bigger tires are good for 76000 (only in ri) in ma there registered for 73000 but we do must of our trucking in ri ...all the 10 wheelers have 12.00x24 tires on them ,makes changing tires enjoyable
Yeah, my truck is good for 52,000 with no permit (determined by bridge formula) and 64,000 with my permit. The kicker is that I can even load to 60,000 and be legal because they will get me for over on a rear axle. So I rarely gross over 60,000 which is 18 Ton or less. If I get an overweight ticket I lose my permit for a year. You pay for the overweight permit, stay under your gross and they can get you for overweight! Go figure!
Old 05-23-2010, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Nedly you would have over weight on the rears because your Mack is short if you had a Granite spec'ed truck like we have out here and run a 16'6" box there is no problems carrying 15 ton legally. There is only one Granite Mack dump in the area they overload the truck putting 17-18 ton into it.

Truck doesn't have enough power put 15 ton into it the drivers said it is like driving a truck with a 6/71 detroit. Truck is supposed to be rated at 450hp but it is far from it. They also sheered off the suspension bolts from overloading the truck.

Most dump trucks have a 222 to 234 inch wheelbase some of the older W900 Kenworths are 240 inch.

A short wheelbase Mack with camelback suspension would be a rough riding SOB.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

some new pics
Attached Images