Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-13-2009, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Member

The truck looks good does it have in cab controls ?

You better hope nobody else has a hard on for the truck and starts bidding against you.

Been to many Ritchie Bros auctions it is fun just to sit in the stands and wave the bid book to pretend to buy something. You just have to watch you may end up with it

I would go and get the keys for it and start it up and see how the engine runs. Old Internationals smoke pretty good when they are cold.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I can always count on some good advise from you old friend. Went over there today to take some pictures, I started it up and it turned right over. No smoke. Heading over there tomorrow or Tuesday with the mechanic from a second opinion. Has inside and outside controls, although the control on the inside is the "joystick" which I can't say I'm that fond off but I can work with it. I know all it takes is one bastard to jack the price up, we will just have to hope that doesn't happen. Has a "DTA 466" in it with just under 300,000 on it. We shall see on Friday.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

this happens to be my latest obsession.....

i asked him what he wanted for it but i haven't heard back from yet, im gona say 40-50k

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 12-13-2009, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Member

It took me awhile to get used to the single joystick because I mainly used two sticks one for the reeving cylinder and the other stick for the rails.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sort of changing the subject but, I think I may be leaning toward another box truck instead of a truck/open trailer combo. I really want a Dodge 4500 dump but I don't think I can swing that kind of cash. I really like the looks of the LCF's and have seen some awesome prices on some but everyone I talk to say they aren't that great of a truck. I keep getting steered back to the Isuzu. I've had one and loved it but the LCF's seem to be better priced. I've also had several tell me that an18'/20' with a 4' dovetail will never work with the swing of an Isuzu or an LCF. I had a 16'+4' and never had a problem. So many decisions and so confusing.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Now that you got to use each setup (dual controls and single joystick) which one do you prefer? My first truck only has outside controls (with throttle control) this one has outside controls but no throttle, guess I will have to keep a brick in the cab (lol) Personally I like outside controls better from dropping containers off. I like to look around 10 times and make sure there are no wires or anything else in the way, that's hard to do from inside the cab. I also like to climb on the containers to tarp them, these FNG's like to use the auto tarper. I like to climb up because it lets me see whats in the container, I charge $250.00 extra if there are any dead bodies in the dumpster. Pending the mechanics inspection, I would be ok with paying $10,000 for this truck. What do you think?
Old 12-14-2009, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Member

I have never used a truck with outside controls but I never dropped a bin where the ground was smooth enough for it too rolloff nicely. It was always moving the truck forward as the bin slid off the rails. Rolloff trucks here don't have the rollers on the side of the rails I assume that makes the bin rolloff easier. Rolloff trucks have steel on steel so once you tilt up the rails it needs a little slack in the cable and a little wiggle with the truck and it starts to slide off.

After using the joystick you could get a bin pulled on a little quicker.

As for tarping it is easier to tarp the box and for what your doing. For most of the stuff that is hauled in bins here tarping is not necessary.

Have a set price on what you want to pay for the truck. When your at the auction you have a look to see how many people are looking at the truck. When it comes time to start bidding on the truck keep a ear on what the auctioneer and have a quick scan around who is flipping up a bid book.

Who knows you might not have anybody that is really interested. You know when you have somebody that is hot and heavy for the truck they keep topping what you bid.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
this happens to be my latest obsession.....

i asked him what he wanted for it but i haven't heard back from yet, im gona say 40-50k

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
It looks like a good truck just wonder why there seems to be rusting above the rear axle.

Wish the pictures were not fuzzy.

I would say that truck would go for 40 grand at most.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Picasso, try this link, it's a link to a website called asset-auctions, they deal with a lot of the national waste services (Waste management, Republic) as well as other people, they got a few roll-off trucks in your area. Stuff usually goes dirt cheap ($1000-$5000)
I'd be a bit reluctant to buy a truck from them without having a mechanic take a good look at it but you will be able to get it for a really good price.

http://www.asset-auctions.com/cgi-bi...7/category/ALL
Old 12-14-2009, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would have to say its rusting above the rear axle because there happens to be a 10 yard salter a few inches away. The rock salt coming off the tires acts like a media blaster and eats away at the paint in no time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
fuel consumption , fuel efficiency , mpg , new trucks