Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-29-2009, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

spreader help

ok first i will give a little background info .

We have 20 locations in the state of tn from memphis to cookville
each location has its own equipment and decides what it should do as a whole .

we lost the main building late last year in wind gust and we have been renting afew minni storage bin's untill a building is completed .We bring all the eqipment in to our location to store it in the winter .

we offer fertilizing on some scale or another to our clients only depending on the locations current demands , we transported 30+ spreader ( push type like at lowes ) I HAVE NOWHER TO STORE THIS VOLUME. what justifies buying ride on spreaders like "the time machine" we looked at them at the gie and i am unsure we can justify having them .
most of the locations are within driving range of one another and i would like to hear from you guys , when is enough ,enough Thanks
Old 11-29-2009, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

20 accounts thats not much. Are they 20 big account or 20 small account can you justify the cost. Are we doing weed control if you are you only have to go over it once. If they are only small why not just haul around one good spreader.your going to haul around a ride on if they were big i would do the ride on.
Charles Cue
Old 11-29-2009, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Charles Cue i am sorry i mean it as in 20 business locations like seperate small businesses i am unsure of the number of clients we service as a whole but i know that only afew of these location actually are licensed for the applications like 7 or 8 maybe 10 so it is like 2 to maybe 5 units at each licensed location they are spaced out so the licensed locations can service everyone who we maintain in our service areas if that was the case but i know it isnt . like at my location we fert approximatly 450 clients and we are ok with the number of men we work but 30 extra spreaders is to much to want to deal with
Old 11-29-2009, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

one location we have has a client list of 500 in this complex they will fert about 225 lawns and it will take 5 guys a few days to treat them @lawns sizes of 3-12k
Old 11-29-2009, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

we have gotten so many spreaders as they grew because of the number of locations and to short amount of run time per year the ride ons would be used , this is a major reason as to not upgrade. what woud justify a better unit? the storage space is a main reason to upgrade the engine up keep and trying to cover the state with one unit and the amount of use they get is the reason i am unsure.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Man with those number i would look at a ride on thats for sure. Dont know any thing about the one your talking about seen photos i would try to demo all that i could to see what is best for you. they would pay for them self.
Charles Cue
Old 11-29-2009, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

yeah they would pay for themselves lol but so have the cheap-o's lol we have reached a wall in the business and it is raising the Blood pressure thinking about spring lol when do other locs upgrade see they do 3 apps in season and 1 out of season and it dont take along time with the work force we have but it is alot of man hours overall.
do the ride ons work on 3 k up to a 1acre+ lawns or would they be hard to setup / we have 2 larger spreaders for walkers and this has me thinking about going to the ride ons too. every ride on sprays and spreads and i have 0 use for spray .
Old 11-29-2009, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yea i bet the chepo have payed for them self's but the rideons can cut man power a cheap spreder cant do that. There no harder to set up than a push spreader same thing you just dont have to push it .yes you can do small yards and large ones to.
Charles Cue
Old 11-29-2009, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

is there a ride on that dont offer spraying??? not fond of paying for something they wont use
Old 11-29-2009, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco use to have one i think it was called the hps not sure if they still make it the boys at LT Rich would make you one they seem to be a build what you want typ of co the t3000 and Permagreen you get what you see other will chime in later every one must be sleeping
Charles Cue